Speculation: Would you trade for Lecavalier?

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Lecavalier is supposedly on the trading block in Philly. He's signed for 4 more years, at 4.5 million per year.

I thought maybe something around:

To Montreal: Vincent Lecavalier, 2015 second rounder

To Philadelphia: David Desharnais

Montreal gets bigger up the middle and an asset for Timmons to work with in a solid draft year for taking on term and salary. Flyers get a decent center.

Pacioretty - Eller - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Callahan (hopefully)
Bourque - Lecavalier - Gionta
Bournival - Prust - Weise
Briere, White

Beaulieu - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Weaver
Tinordi

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
we could have the best 3rd and 4th line league wide if they're getting rid of him.

DoctorPurple

Jun 9, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Sending Desharnais for Lecavalier and a 2nd is a pipe dream. I'd do this trade in a heartbeat. Although he is injury prone, which is a big minus.

You gotta love these attributes : Big guy, cup winner, quebecer...

But seriously that's never happening.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
Sending Desharnais for Lecavalier and a 2nd is a pipe dream. I'd do this trade in a heartbeat. Although he is injury prone, which is a big minus.

You gotta love these attributes : Big guy, cup winner, quebecer...

But seriously that's never happening.

"Played so horridly he ended up on Philly's 4th line because everyone he was with got worse" is probably another important attribute.

Seriously, think what Montreal went through with Briere, pretty much the same happened with VL for the Flyers. Actually, far, far worse than that happened. Guy was a shadow of his former self and couldn't adapt to play wing and was hilariously awful on defense. Briere at least was more of a non-factor and occasionally decent, while Lecavilier basically dragged every center he played with down. As surprising as it may sound, Montreal probably won on getting Briere rather than VL last summer, not just in terms of contract, but as a player.

I'd think in terms of what the Flyers give you to take on the huge potential liability of a contract.

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
No. He sure as hell isn't the same player he was when we had the best chance of getting him all those years ago.

Big no now.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
sorry, but Vinny had his chance to sign with the Habs and he opted for the Flyers because they were stupid enough to give him 5 years.

could you imagine if we had signed Brière for 5 years? LOL.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Hmmmm... yes, I was sort of on the Vinny bandwagon last summer, in the sense that it might have been better than signing Briere. At least from the size perspective. Who knows what Vinny could have done for us against the Rangers.

The 5 years contract was too much, but then again, he's two years younger than Briere. So 2 years of Briere gets you to the same age as 4 years of Vinny.

But trading for him... probably not.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
... trade for Lecavalier? Yes please; lets leave our young players with a future in the minors and try to become the old men;s club or the hospice of the NHL :shakehead

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I love ElCaballero but that ship has sailed.

Yes he'd change how we look up front,
Yes he'd produce much better here than in Philly,
No because he rejected us twice now and we can't sustain that contract.

If they kept 1.5m and traded a second rounder with him... Maybe.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Oh man ... do we even need a thread for this. Lecavalier is ancient history. Let him rot in Philly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad