Would you trade Caufield for the 2nd overall pick?

Would you trade Caufield for 2nd overall pick?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
The thing about trading Caufield is even if we get lucky and draft a Seider or Zegras caliber prospect, we lose Caufield. How do you acquire another player like Caufield? You're back to square one.

Reactions: Lazytrout

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I’m entertained.
GladiatorMan.gif

Reactions: angusyoung

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
So it appears New Jersey fans wouldn't do it neither.

I guess once again I was right on the mark in terms of value.
Jersey fans seemed pretty ok with it overall. Most would rather keep the pick, but would be cool with the trade too.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
People saying Caufield is proven forget that Galchenyuk once scored 14 goals in 16 games.

CC showed beautiful things last spring, but let’s stay level headed. Lots of room to improve for the kid.

glxss

Mar 4, 2013
Well this is a depressing thread, so many people are gaslit from the Bergevin era.

Cole is one of the most naturally gifted shooters in hockey, fingers crossed we have the right people in place to turn that gift into something we haven’t had in decades.

We’re now in an NHL where Josh Norris, Tage Thompson, Adrian Kempe, Andre Mangiapane and Roope Hintz are 35+ goal scorers. Kyle Connor hit 47 goals. Chris Kreider scored 52 goals. Expecting anything less than a 40 goal scorer is selling him short.

Get f***king excited people! we have future star, don’t be scared to admit it!

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Jersey fans seemed pretty ok with it overall. Most would rather keep the pick, but would be cool with the trade too.

The Devils fans on the trade board wouldn't, vehemently wouldn't! But maybe they're not representative of the general opinion of the New-Jersey board. I learned potential is hard to gauge. Here on the Habs board we see Caufield as the next rocket Richard winner but fans from other teams see a smallish forward with bad stats. Tells you how potential is hidden. This applies irl too for a lot of things! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Electronic83

Nov 12, 2019
Forgot to add a 3rd option there " Are you crazy" :P. If they trade Caufield they would need to have a real worry somewhere that we dont know. For now he will get better and better. Once each player in the team will have their role and that they dont duplicate them, like putting Hoffman on PP1 that only want to shoot for himself and never try to pass up to Caufield or make play they dont fit... its going to be good.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
I don't even like Cooley all that much. I'm just shaking the hive for fun. I don't think Caufield is this megasuperstar untradable prospect that many seem to think he is around here. Maybe I went too far in this thread, because yeah, probably Caufield is a safer value right now than Cooley, but it's still a trade to consider.
No, no its not. Close this dumb thread already

Reactions: NotProkofievian

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
A Caufield is a Caufield but a mystery box could be anything! It could even be a Caufield! - Peter Griffin

Would add the gif but don't have a clue how

Reactions: WeThreeKings

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
I would pull the trigger and pick both Wright and Cooley (but you can pick any combination if you want). Yeah, that means we'd have three great centers for the next 15 years.

Wingers can be found later.

I think Caufield is great but overrated by Montreal fans, and we'd be better off with another top pick.
Well..... that's a horrible take.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
People saying Caufield is proven forget that Galchenyuk once scored 14 goals in 16 games.

CC showed beautiful things last spring, but let’s stay level headed. Lots of room to improve for the kid.

Wanna bet Caufield will be a much better player?

Caufield has twice Chucky's brain size.

I haven't been this confident in a young Habs player since Subban.

Reactions: windycity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad