Would you trade Caufield for the 2nd overall pick?

Would you trade Caufield for 2nd overall pick?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonneau

May 15, 2017
Montreal
Elaborate
It's unlikely that the second pick this year will become better than Caufield. Frankly, I wouldn't count on whoever is picked at that spot to end up better than Caufield currently is.

Sure, if we traded Caufield for the second pick and made the optimal choice we'd probably end up with a better player, but how likely is it that we'd get the best available player?

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Why the irrational love for Caufield? Sounds like we have a new mythology in there. Next thing you know Montreal fans wouldn't trade Caufield for McDavid.

I like Caufield. But if NJ give us Cooley for him you pull the trigger. Come on.
Really? Caufield is proven, Cooley is not. It would be a dumb move.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Why the irrational love for Caufield? Sounds like we have a new mythology in there. Next thing you know Montreal fans wouldn't trade Caufield for McDavid.

I like Caufield. But if NJ give us Cooley for him you pull the trigger. Come on.
not at all, Caufield is proven (at least to some degree) as a goal scorer in the NHL. He has a great playoff run and an amazing 2nd half this year. He also fits our needs a lot more since we will be (almost certainly) drafting Wright and we have Suzuki, we don't need another C like Cooley, I would rather give one of our top 2 a dangerous goal scoring winger like Caufiled.

Not saying Cooley won't become better, but at this point the risk isn't worth it at all. This also isn't a video game or GM mode, Caufield is already familiar with the organization, fans, etc. They aren't moving him unless its a deal they absolutely can't so no to like for a current superstar, not a draft pick.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Caufield, best goal scorer we got since I don't remember who, the guy just started, not even 82 games played and you want to trade him for a draft pick!
You did your math and you came to the conclusion that the draft pick has higher probability to pan out and have bigger impact than the guy that you already saw play at nhl level and even in playoffs hockey
Let's assume yeah the draft pick has a chance to be better, you are rebuilding and you literally have secured 2 players for your future core, you decide to start over and trade one of them for a new drafted,
would you trade that new guy in three years for a "better" draft pick?

Reactions: SlafySZN

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Caufield, best goal scorer we got since I don't remember who, the guy just started, not even 82 games played and you want to trade him for a draft pick!
You did your math and you came to the conclusion that the draft pick has higher probability to pan out and have bigger impact than the guy that you already saw play at nhl level and even in playoffs hockey
Let's assume yeah the draft pick has a chance to be better, you are rebuilding and you literally have secured 2 players for your future core, you decide to start over and trade one of them for a new drafted,
would you trade that new guy in three years for a "better" draft pick?

Yes, until we draft a Mario Lemieux, you keep trading for the better picks.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I'm not Arizonian

Born and raised in MTL

I knew hockey before I was even born

...and I didn't question your heritage...just the strategy, and I use the term loosely, of continuously trading good young players for picks, so you can trade more good young players for more picks, until a McJesus falls into your lap sometime around year fifteen or so...always pining for the shiny new toy when you've already got some really good toys that are just a few years old...work for Apple, by chance??...:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad