Would you trade Bogosian for Sam Reinhart str8 up on draft day?

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
It would not look good after signing Bogo to a massive extension to flip him to a lottery team right before his NMC kicks in.

But I think it would be the right move for the franchise from a hockey point of view.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I can't vote right now, but I don't think so.

Bogosian >>>> Reinhart

Maybe for Ekblad, but not for Reinhart.

Ehm, why?

Reinhart has the same ceiling as Bogosian had when he was drafted. Bogosian haven't reached it by now, he actually looks like a 2nd pairing defenseman now and in the future.

I think the trade depends on the situation you're in. If we want to make the playoffs starting next season and get better, keep Bogosian. If you want to do a "mini-rebuild", for example because Maurice isn't happy with some assets he has, with selling Buff for a 1st and Bogosian for Reinhart, you should probably do the trade actually.

'edit'

OMG! I just realized I confused Sam Reinhart with Griffin Reinhart :laugh:

WHY U NO SAY SOMETHING??? :laugh:

Last edited:

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
If Bogo had stayed healthy last year, probably not, but now I'd say yes. It wouldn't look good though, to either the fans or the players.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
That would be a very unwise trade. Glad you're not our GM. Sam MAY turn out to be a productive NHL player someday. But how does that help us now? And i guess that means Buff back to D?

On top of that I seriously doubt this organization is about to Holmgren Bogosian.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
What are the subsequent steps? Move Buff back to D? Now what are we doing up front in Buff's spot? Also, if we're moving Bogo straight up for a guy who's not going to be in the lineup next year (he really shouldn't be), are we going to move Ladd and Buff too? Might as well if we're not trying to win next year or the next.

Moving Bogo for Reinhart and doing nothing else would be the definition of not picking a direction.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
From a "team principle" standpoint, it looks ****** trading a guy after he signed a 7 year deal.

Reinhart has good first/great second line center written all over him.

When you can trade a good second pair defenseman for a good first line center, you do it AFAIC.

Galbatross

Oct 29, 2013
Yes.

I love Bogo, I know he's going to be a powerful force in the NHL for a while. But yeah, 1st , 2nd line centers are something you can't pass up. It is easier to replace a 2nd pair Defensemen than a 1,2 center. Even if he plays on the 3rd line or as a winger in the top 9 , it gives you options once you get injuries.

I think that trading Bogo would change the franchises mindset a bit, put more pressure to make the playoffs this year. If this was done, I'd expect Pavelec bought out as well.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
MAYBE. But that is a big maybe. There are no guarantees that Reinhart will ever play an NHL game. Bogosian, while he hasn't been great the past 2 seasons, has proved he can be a great 3-4 D man on the Jets.

I would be wanting more coming back if I was Chevy.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I said no, and here's why.

i look at the Jets and I see the makings of a team that is going to built from the pipes out with young talent in the D core. Bogo, Trouba and Morrissey. While Bogo has been a bit disappointing the last few years, I still remember when he put up thrity points next to stuart with very little PP time. Obviously this past season was definitely a disappointment, but I do generally have faith that he will rebound and at worst be a really good number two guy for us. I have faith that he can turn into that Shea Weber esque player. One needs to remember that when Shea Weber was 23, he wasn't this level of player either. After being drafted he stayed down in juniors for a season, played a partial season in the A before making the show. Bogo's career is marked with a bit more in the way of inujry, but if he puts up a injury free season we should be away to the races when it comes to him.

On the subject of Sam Reinhart, I don't think he's the player that you hitch your wagon too. If it was MacKinnon, my answer might be different, I'm just not as sold on Sam Reinhart in general. I don't think he's going to be a hundred plus player in the NHL, probably more along the lines of 80pts or so.

Not to mention that we still have Scheifele who showed us this past year that he can be that center that we need. Going forward, I think we're fine for depth in that department, no need for another prospect to wait on. Not to mention that chevy will probably snag yet anther good player from this draft without moving up. I have that amount of faith in him, and if we were to move up...we could easily flip Buff which would be the better scenario.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Nope.

I'm willing to bet that Bogosian has a bounceback season next year. If he can avoid the injury bug I'm expecting to see him show why he's been so highly touted.

m.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
MAYBE. But that is a big maybe. There are no guarantees that Reinhart will ever play an NHL game. Bogosian, while he hasn't been great the past 2 seasons, has proved he can be a great 3-4 D man on the Jets.

I would be wanting more coming back if I was Chevy.

No guarantee Reinhart becomes an NHL player? Come on, he's on the World Championship roster already lol

80% he plays NHL next season, let alone ever...

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Nope.

I'm willing to bet that Bogosian has a bounceback season next year. If he can avoid the injury bug I'm expecting to see him show why he's been so highly touted.

m.

I suspect he will score more.

I am not sure we will see him take leaps forward defensively, but I hope you are right.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
No guarantee Reinhart becomes an NHL player? Come on, he's on the World Championship roster already lol

He's not been added to the roster yet. He is with the team for practice purposes although if someone picks up an injury he could still be added.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
I suspect he will score more.

I am not sure we will see him take leaps forward defensively, but I hope you are right.

I'm not predicting leaps but I'm expecting a trend away from the 'wtf' moments that were a little too common in 13-14. No need to name names, Corey Perry knows what I'm talking about. But I really think that Bogo's season issues were in his head and that a fresh training camp will get him off on the right foot.

I had a chance to meet Zach at a charity golf tourney a while back and he struck me as one of the most focused, intense athletes I'd ever met. If he can channel that intensity I expect he'd have a high ceiling indeed.

Valuable d-man imho. Still an untouchable for me.

m.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
He's not been added to the roster yet. He is with the team for practice purposes although if someone picks up an injury he could still be added.

I stand corrected. I still think my point I was making holds water. It would be up to the Jets scouts and what they think Reinhart can be. Not the sure thing > mystery box argument.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad