Would the Devils consider trading Schneider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
There is an argument to be made that their is a median line where a lot of goalies hang out stat wise and makes middle of the road goalies a dime a dozen.

The problem is it just doesn't apply to us. Cory is on a level above this mean. He is in the Price, Henry, Rask, Quick levels.

Not only because his stats are amazing, but also because he has been doing it consistently.

Guys like Dub, the Hamburgerler are lightning in a bottle. You don't know when some random tender is going to catch fire.

Opinion noted and appreciated without the daggers being thrown my way. I posted something around 8am today that gives my overall opinion on how to treat goalies. You can go back and re-read it if you're interested. Either way we can just consider it as a difference in philosophies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Schneids is untouchable to me, just answering a question as I saw the kid play almost weekly the last 4 years.

Know I know, just the answer made that trade offer from that article even more lopsided.

Maybe that kid becomes good, but it seems like vast overpayment on our side with a very poor return. I would never do Merrill for him straight up from your description.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Know I know, just the answer made that trade offer from that article even more lopsided.

Maybe that kid becomes good, but it seems like vast overpayment on our side with a very poor return. I would never do Merrill for him straight up from your description.
Absolutely not. I can handle undersized forwards but it's tougher on defense. The best way to describe him is a mini Justin Schultz that is slightly better defensively.

A good prospect but little chance he ever hits his ceiling.

DiscoBall

Jul 11, 2013
Stratton (802)
I love Schneider...on the ice and off. The question becomes is this another Herschel Walker situation? If we're 3/4 years from contending, why not cash in on a valuable asset that really does us no good?

If we're going to draft/rebuild properly, we're going to waste his prime. With his contract we could get back a nice package.

If we're going to rebuild on the fly, then you keep him.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
With Lou in charge, I don't think it's realistic that Cory would be traded this off-season or any time soon, so the answer to the question of would the Devils consider trading Cory seems to be a pretty clear no to me at this point unless the other team were to offer borderline ludicrous overpayment, but barring that, the answer to whether Cory will be traded any time soon seems to be no.

Whether Cory should be traded seems to encapsulate the debate between the people who want to tank and the people who don't believe that's the solution (of which I'm a part), but again I doubt that a Lou run team will tank and the only way Cory "should" be traded is if you think this team needs to tank in order to succeed in the future, so again regardless of what some people think "should" happen with Cory being traded, it appears unlikely to occur while Lou is in charge. Cory trade talk ultimately just feels very theoretical to me since I don't see a probable scenario where it happens any time soon.

GhostofKenKlee

The Devils have followed him since his pre BC days. They traded a good pick and the player chosen (Horvat) by all accounts looks like a good player. I doubt ever they deal him considering he signed a long term deal and it hasn't kicked in yet.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's funny that this thread was started by a Blues fan, after they were eliminated from the playoffs.

I figure after the Flames get eliminated (especially if their ****ing IDIOT head coach plays Kari RamBLOW for the rest of the playoffs), they'll be in here looking for Schneider next.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad