Would love to hear from Sather and Gorton regarding this mess

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
That's what bothers me the most about this franchise. Say what you want about the Mets, but at least Alderson faces the media, answers the tough questions, and explains himself to the fans.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Giants owners/GM rarely if ever talk to the media.

Id say the giants are a hell of a lot better run organization than the Mets.

Crease

Jul 12, 2004
I understand what you're saying. All I know is that a little transparency and self-awareness from the front office would go a long way to garnering the patience and trust of a very irritated fan base.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
I dont think any of that matters, it certainly doesnt matter with the public.

All that matters is that they are looking at themselves and figuring out what they are doing wrong.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Teflon doesn't have to answer to us, he's too good. We're beneath him. Only when he's in Edmonton do we get statements

gmerger37

Dec 2, 2010
North Jersey
Dolan must be on one hell of a drug to think that the crap the knicks and rangers have been putting on display at the garden this year is acceptable.

What goes through his head when he just shells out all that $$$ and has jack **** to show for it. So long as the profits keep coming in is all that matters to him, clearly winning in any way shape or form comes second.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Teflon doesn't have to answer to us, he's too good. We're beneath him. Only when he's in Edmonton do we get statements

It's weird that the local Rangers media doesn't call him out on not speaking, at least Isola is funny when he attacks the Knicks, he knows MSG hates him, and he doesn't care about speaking about how awful the Knicks have been run in the Dolan years.

Larry won't because he actually gets info from the Rangers, Zipay writes for MSG owned Newsday, and I'm not sure Gross really cares about speaking to Glen Sather.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Well I would love to hear what Sather and Gorts have to say, but I highly doubt anything is said until moves are made. This brand of crap that's being iced right now is the worst I've seen in the dark ages. Something has got to give, the only silver lining is that the metro division is packed with bad bad teams that this season isn't lost yet.

The Rangers need to weed out the unfits and no value adds. Maybe fire Arniel & trade Brassard. Their bad blood gives a ready made scapegoat for what we are seeing out there. As much as I hate to say it, AV looks like a very bad hire. Sather's decisions have become increasingly worse in what's reflected with the on ice product.

RangersHank*

Well I would love to hear what Sather and Gorts have to say, but I highly doubt anything is said until moves are made. This brand of crap that's being iced right now is the worst I've seen in the dark ages. Something has got to give, the only silver lining is that the metro division is packed with bad bad teams that this season isn't lost yet.

The Rangers need to weed out the unfits and no value adds. Maybe fire Arniel & trade Brassard. Their bad blood gives a ready made scapegoat for what we are seeing out there. As much as I hate to say it, AV looks like a very bad hire. Sather's decisions have become increasingly worse in what's reflected with the on ice product.

I agree. We took a few steps back because now we will have to develop an identity again and who knows how long that will take. 2 years ago we were in the ECF due to hard work and determination and balls. Did anyone expect us to be here 2 years later? With a new coach and all of our core guys not fitting the system? It feels like we are doomed

satrabyk

Dec 10, 2008
First of all, Sather is awful has been forever, knows nothing about skill and talent. Now AV was hired because he promised he would turn this team into a more offensive minded team. We would not be sitting into a shell blocking shots and keeping teams to the outside, we would attack and counter attack.

However as Sather is stupid he did not think maybe the coaches in Renney and Torts, created a defensive system because, flat out we do not have top end talent to compete with other teams offensive talent. Now we dont even have any depth either. How are we gonna win games. Take a look at Nashvill, that is about the type of game this team needs to play to win on a more consistent basis. Its less exciting but to get to the playoffs that is what it would take, but i think to win a cup you need to have more skill, not like the old days were a strong D could win it all. There are to many PPs were skill shines.

This team is not good enough. Yes Richards has points this year, but he still not anywhere close to the best centers in the game. So really what purpose does he serve with that contract. The points are there but hes 2 way game sucks and still if he hits 55 points il be suprised. Than there is Nash who is very open ice but does not demand as much attention as a Jagr, because he does not protect the puck as well along the boards. Our D is fine although i dont know why Del zotto is still on this team. He serves no purpose and will be AHL bound if he is not traded soon. We need Marc back ASAP. Lundy is my hero he is tempted to get really mad because of the **** in front of him, but hes keeping his calm and playing well, giving the team a chance.

Solution, well i would begin by trading guys like Pouliot, Dorsett, Moore, for draft picks even # 7s if we can. They are doing nothing and we are better without these guys. Trade Del zotto and try to get a 2-3 line guy with some upside. Maybe that Arobelo guy on EDM. Honestly we need guys who can cycle the puck and keep offensive zone time, we have none of that right now. Thats the way you wear out the other team and slowly win the game. We are all on the outside, fluky BS. Krieder, Stepan and Hagelin might be the best at cycling the puck we need 3 more guys even better on the bottom lines and they are not there.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Garden has a media policy of not allowing their executives to talk much. Donnie Walsh hated that policy. He liked to talk to the media on a daily basis. The Giants have a similar media policy. Jerry Reese wouldn't discuss the state of the Giants until their bye week. The Jets have the same policy with John Idzik.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I agree. We took a few steps back because now we will have to develop an identity again and who knows how long that will take. 2 years ago we were in the ECF due to hard work and determination and balls. Did anyone expect us to be here 2 years later? With a new coach and all of our core guys not fitting the system? It feels like we are doomed

No that upward trajectory was lost because Sather is a lazy as **** GM that doesn't like working contracts mid-season. The UFAs from the '12 team were saying it was likely that they'd get more elsewhere than the Rangers. It's not like Feds and Mitchell were cracking $2M, that's how little regard Sather has for his the current players and looks to purchase new ones on the UFA market like a trophy wife on 5th Ave.

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
I don't want to hear that buffoon's ******** and spin about this joke team.

Funny how when the Rangers win a playoff series Sather is all visible, making sure he speaks to the NY press to accept the accolades. If he doesn't feel he owes us anything when we're playing poorly, fine...but then keep your big fat buffoon mouth shut when we win too.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I dont want to hear from Sather. The platitudes and out of touch statements about the realities of this team would piss me off even more.

Crease

Jul 12, 2004
Current NHL GM's by Length of Tenure:
New Jersey Devils Lou Lamoriello 1987
Carolina Hurricanes Jim Rutherford 1994
Washington Capitals George McPhee 1997
Detroit Red Wings Ken Holland 1997
Nashville Predators David Poile 1997
New York Rangers Glen Sather 2000

Playoff Wins since 2000:
Detroit Red Wings 87
New Jersey Devils 63
Carolina Hurricanes 39
Washington Capitals 31
New York Rangers 30
Nashville Predators 19

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009

Playoff Wins since 2000:
Detroit Red Wings 87
New Jersey Devils 63
Carolina Hurricanes 39
Washington Capitals 31
New York Rangers 30
Nashville Predators 19

The guy has been living off the gift that was Messier, Gretzky and company for decades.

I honestly cannot fathom why no one has called him on his BS in over 30 years.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I swear, the NHL 13 engineers made the Rangers in Be a GM mode just like the real life Rangers. (I'm not playing as the Rangers.)

They traded all their first round picks, all their prospects, to the point where they only have 3 star guys, and have lots of old big names on their roster.

Glen Sather, are you in my Xbox?

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

Playoff Wins since 2000:
Detroit Red Wings 87
New Jersey Devils 63
Carolina Hurricanes 39
Washington Capitals 31
New York Rangers 30
Nashville Predators 19

I'd love to see that in relation to team payroll.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad