Would love to hear from Sather and Gorton regarding this mess

Punxrocknyc19*

I swear, the NHL 13 engineers made the Rangers in Be a GM mode just like the real life Rangers. (I'm not playing as the Rangers.)

They traded all their first round picks, all their prospects, to the point where they only have 3 star guys, and have lots of old big names on their roster.

Glen Sather, are you in my Xbox?

funny thing is the first trade i was offered was Souray and Allen to Rangers for Yogan Hrivik 2ed :laugh: Evander Kane is my highest paid player not including Lundqvist..

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Dolan must be on one hell of a drug to think that the crap the knicks and rangers have been putting on display at the garden this year is acceptable.

What goes through his head when he just shells out all that $$$ and has jack **** to show for it. So long as the profits keep coming in is all that matters to him, clearly winning in any way shape or form comes second.

He's too busy opening for the Eagles. Seriously. He shelled out millions to purchase the Eagles management company, apparently so his crappy band could open for them.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Dolan must be on one hell of a drug to think that the crap the knicks and rangers have been putting on display at the garden this year is acceptable.

What goes through his head when he just shells out all that $$$ and has jack **** to show for it. So long as the profits keep coming in is all that matters to him, clearly winning in any way shape or form comes second.

Nothing to show for it? He has two franchises with a combined 2 billion dollars.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Careful what you wish for though. Dolan is actually involved in the Knicks, and they are run 10 times worse than the Rangers for it. As much as I would like Sather to face a little accountability, that may in fact end up being worse.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I think Sather will leave soon honestly

Well you could knock me over with feather if that happens. A kid answered his phone in CT tonight. I think we have our answer from management.

Get some sleep Dylan. Your gonna need it.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Well, what's the alternative? Messier? Regier? Sather needs to go pronto (IDK about Gorton), but who's the best available GM out there?

Last edited:

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
I understand what you're saying. All I know is that a little transparency and self-awareness from the front office would go a long way to garnering the patience and trust of a very irritated fan base.

Although people in sports always thank the fans and say how important they are, that's just marketing BS. In the end the GMs don't have an obligation to the fans, they have one to share holders. If the fans truly mattered, we wouldn't have lockouts.

Fans are nothing more than drug addicts in need of another hit. The dealers, really don't care that much, so long as we're still hooked.

Would you rather Slats and Dolan get out there like Holmgren and Snider and make it obvious they really don't give a s**t?
Well, what's the alternative? Messier? Regier? Sather needs to go pronto (IDK about Gorton), but who's the best available GM out there?
That's what I used to think for years now. In the end, Jim Nill would have been nice. Would have loved to have seen JD come back to run the Rangers, the guy is smart and is hired as the cleaner to fix broken franchises. To that extent Jarmo Kekäläinen, would have been nice to add as well. Would Håkan Andersson make a good GM? Pat Lafontaine is going to do some serious work in Buffalo, he could have done it in NYC. Stevie-Y is making positive changes in Tampa. But all these ships have sailed, so now, who's next?

I'd start by taking close looks at guys tapped by Hockey Canada to build teams that go on to be successful.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2002
NYC

Maybe it's time to stop with the "best available" mentality with this franchise. It's hight time that someone associated with the organization do some hard work, find talent, evaluate it and then pick the right candidate.

People on this board could do a better and more thorough search than anyone currently in the NYR front office.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad