Post-Game Talk: Worst. Reffing. Ever! Jets lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm unsure of Petan in that role as well, just remember hearing he was effective there for the Moose. Our PK is more based on positioning and anticipation then on pressure so I don't really see those traits as hindering him if he makes the correct reads. It was more to indicate Maurice has a number of players at his disposal that he can utilize in different roles so that he can more effectively manage the minutes of certain players.
I'd start with introducing Rosie to some PK duty. Maybe with Copp so he can take the faceoffs. Then run Lowry and Tanev as your other main unit. Maybe go with Scheifele and Wheeler late in a penalty when you can soon transition to offense.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'd start with introducing Rosie to some PK duty. Maybe with Copp so he can take the faceoffs. Then run Lowry and Tanev as your other main unit. Maybe go with Scheifele and Wheeler late in a penalty when you can soon transition to offense.

Agreed, no issue with putting Mark and Blake on for the last 20 seconds of a PK but they shouldn't be regulars in the rotation imo.

Reactions: Ducky10 and Jets 31

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
The wild won on two goals from the 4th line. When’s the last time the jets got a goal from the 4th line? Maybe once? Matt Hendricks produced better last year than anyone on this “skill” 4th line.
It's post like this that convince me most Hfboards posters don't actually watch the games and just post hot takes based on the box score

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Connor Scheif Laine
Ehlers Little Wheeler
Copp Lowry Tanev
Perreault Roslovic Petan

Morrissey Trouba
Chiarot Buff
Niku Poolman

Broissoit
Helle

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Helle not so clutch these days. Jets are definitly not contenders at this point.
Called this out since the playoffs and Jets fans cry and post irrelevant stats to defend why he's so good. Too many soft goals from him and very rarely steals a win for us.
Said it before and I'll say it again we can't win a cup with him in net. Make up as many excuses as you want and post as many fancy stats as you want, he has a .910 save percentage this year.

Reactions: sipowicz

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just finished watching the refs , oops , i mean the game , just wow , horrible reffing . Helly just needed to get through the 3rd period and i would have been raving about how good he played . Myers and Morrow just aren't good enough to be our 5th or 6th defensemen , they are absolutely killing us right now . Schief and Wheeler were not good and need to be taken off our PK , they both looked like they had no legs out there especially Schief . Start Broswaa tomorrow and play Poolman and Niku instead of Myers and Morrow , at least for a game or 2 . There is no way they would be worse than Myers and Morrow .

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Called this out since the playoffs and Jets fans cry and post irrelevant stats to defend why he's so good. Too many soft goals from him and very rarely steals a win for us.
Said it before and I'll say it again we can't win a cup with him in net. Make up as many excuses as you want and post as many fancy stats as you want, he has a .910 save percentage this year.
Have a beer. Everything is going to be ok.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Didn't like Mo's excuse on not challenging the Wilds third goal, didn't want to lose a timeout Mo said, just too bad you never remember to ever use the timeouts to back up your argument there Morris!

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
It's fair to criticize Maurice for his usage of the 1st line, as well as playing Wheeler and Scheif on the PK. To blame him as one of the primary reasons they lost that game, shows an incredible lack of insight.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Didn't like Mo's excuse on not challenging the Wilds third goal, didn't want to lose a timeout Mo said, just too bad you never remember to ever use the timeouts to back up your argument there Morris!
Morris? Lol, that's a new one.

Reactions: sipowicz

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Not contenders unless you have an upper echelon netminder, Helly isn't one! Can't even remember the last time this guy even stole a game but he does give a lot away!:rant:

Reactions: kylbaz

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Your effort to constantly blame Maurice for everything going wrong is rather tiresome. Get some new material. You’re just beating your own dead horse at this point.
Rinse, repeat, rinse , repeat. Scapegoating is the easiest form of analysis.

Reactions: voyageur

leer2006

Jan 20, 2010
Transcona
As the season plays out the Jets may come to the realization that Maurice has taken this team as far as he can.
If you wait for the season to play out. We may be on the outside looking in. I hate to point out(no I don't) but Maurice's previous teams had a habit of making the playoffs one year and missing them the next.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I can’t believe that some people are still unsure about Roslovic. Maybe I’m seeing things that aren’t there, but to me he looks absolutely electric. Maybe not a lot of puck luck but to me he’s a guy who looks on the verge of a major breakout if given the chance.
I’d echo those who say that Maurice needs to spread out the TOI. Scheif and Wheeler shouldn’t be killing penalties.
We have so much talent on this team (at least at forward) let’s use it to our advantage.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Remember last year when the Stanley Cup champs #1 goalie lost his starting job only to come back in the playoffs and save their asses.
That second goal was a fuke you can't blame him for that.

Reactions: Ducky10

misterman

Oct 15, 2008
Love how no one blames the team for not scoring more than 2 goals.

This. ^^^ Morrisey could have put the game out of reach with that possible shorty. (Poat in close) . We get a two goal lead and then play 'not to lose'. Need to play in their zone with good forechecking, instead we skate backwards until the puck is two feet from Helle. Piss poor.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Just finished watching the refs , oops , i mean the game , just wow , horrible reffing . Helly just needed to get through the 3rd period and i would have been raving about how good he played . Myers and Morrow just aren't good enough to be our 5th or 6th defensemen , they are absolutely killing us right now . Schief and Wheeler were not good and need to be taken off our PK , they both looked like they had no legs out there especially Schief . Start Broswaa tomorrow and play Poolman and Niku instead of Myers and Morrow , at least for a game or 2 . There is no way they would be worse than Myers and Morrow .

Maurice is not one to make the right moves, until injuries force his hand. Or 3-4 years of terrible play. He’s pretty stubborn.
Time to put Poolman in there. I really think he could be a steadying force back there.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Hasn`t been mentioned much tonight but one has to be impressed with how efficiently the Wild neutered our 5 PP chances. Did a great job on denying us zone entry, and then blocked most cross ice passing lanes and eliminated Wheeler/Connor and Wheeler/Schiefele when we actually did set up. Also pressured Laine and Connor quickly whenever we rotated the puck along the back board and reated turnovers. Boudreau began game planning against our PP as early as last playoffs, and we will need to make some adjustments to be successful in future... .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad