Worst Rangers in Recent Memory

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Kalinin, Zherdev, Rissmiller, Redden, Brashear, Pilon, Kamensky, Poti, Driver, Robitaille, Skrudland/Keane, Messier 2nd term, John Mitchell, Aaron Ward, Kevin Hatcher.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I like the combination of longevity and accomplishing absolutely nothing. Out of the recent decades Howden is a good candidate, though I think it just feels unfair to say Brett Howden is close to the worst ever. A young player who should have been playing a starring role in the AHL, even if it was to be replaced up with the Rangers by one of the Desharnaises or Pyatts.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Taking usage into account, it's Glass for me.

Brashear and Purinton were terrible, probably even worse, but I feel like Glass was put in a position to infuriate me more. The best thing he brought to the team was that stat one season where we literally scored more shorthanded than with him on the ice.

And it doesn't help his case that AV is one of my most hated Rangers coaches in that span. Being his pet just makes it worse.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Kalinin, Zherdev, Rissmiller, Redden, Brashear, Pilon, Kamensky, Poti, Driver, Robitaille, Skrudland/Keane, Messier 2nd term, John Mitchell, Aaron Ward, Kevin Hatcher.
Quintal, Lefebvre, Malakov( was done here), marcel Hossa, olli Jokinen, danish ozolinsh, Ryan clowe, Eric Staal.
Man did we suffer with some shit over the years....

Reactions: White Death 24

SlingshotVv

arm-bar all the things
Sep 28, 2009
Colonia, NJ
Worst Rangers? IMO:

fwd: Wolski, Christensen, Frolov, Naslund, Lisin, Hlavac, Kamensky, Toms, Holik

def: Huber, Melnyk, Lefebrve, Karpa, Gusarov, Mironov, Ozolinsh, Mottau, McCabe, Morris, Moore, Gilroy

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... def: Huber, Melnyk, Lefebrve, Karpa, Gusarov, Mironov, Ozolinsh, Mottau, McCabe, Morris, Moore, Gilroy

to each his own,
but I'd have taken any of those D over the Sproul/O'Gara nonsense of spring'18

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Naslund led the team in goals his one year but he was one of the worst rangers?

Yeah getting Naslund at the end of his career after swinging and missing on Hossa wasn't anyone's fault but Slats'

Also--- Hlavac? In what world?

The dark era blueliners Karpa, Ulanov, Purinton all stand out. I'd add Stu Bickel to that list- guy was a ECHL/AHL tweener who somehow found himself in the lineup in important ECF games.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
to each his own,
but I'd have taken any of those D over the Sproul/O'Gara nonsense of spring'18

I think the context of the state of the team matters to a lot of these responses. Guys getting sad post-deadline minutes in a rebuild season aren't gonna be judged the same way that a guy like Ozolinch will be for shitting the bed in the 2006 playoffs.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Couple of guys that were not very good for the Rangers that people probably forgot were on the team ever were Paul Carey and David Desharnais. AV loved Desharnais, probably because he was QC and small.

Speedtrials

May 31, 2006
BB
I remember during the dark years, Brooks used to get on Kevin Hatcher's case all the time. Also Scott Frasier who had a good year in Edmonton, and for some reason became an UFA very early. Came here out of shape and was a complete bust.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Taking usage into account, it's Glass for me.

Brashear and Purinton were terrible, probably even worse, but I feel like Glass was put in a position to infuriate me more. The best thing he brought to the team was that stat one season where we literally scored more shorthanded than with him on the ice.

And it doesn't help his case that AV is one of my most hated Rangers coaches in that span. Being his pet just makes it worse.
Purinton was the best fighter for us of those, but Glass probably the most effective player. Should have avoided both Brash and Glass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad