Ciger
Ulanov
Oliwa
Holik
Anson carter
Chris simon
Sean avery
Clowe

And looking at some of those rosters made me want to cry. Also looking at some of those rosters i saw some names who i thought were going to be great, but ended up flopping.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Who are the Rangers players that you've disliked the most over the past 20-25 years?

My shortlist (in no particular order) would be:

1. Tanner Glass
  2. Vladislav Namestnikov
  3. Rich Pilon
  4. Brett Howden
  5. Valeri Kamensky
  6. Mike Dunham
  7. Bruce Driver
  8. Jimmy Vesey
  9. Libor Hajek
I hated the McDonagh trade (if that wasn't obvious with the above list).
Worst Ranger and players you disliked is not analogous.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Bickel was a borderline ECHL player who managed to play in meaningful games for a competitive NYR team.

Bryan McCabe was an absolute shell of himself when he was traded here as a rental. Sad to see.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Tanner Glass doesnt belong in this list. Maybe on a list of "Nicest Rangers".

Donald Brashear?

Reactions: will1066

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
He was a 100 years old, but Roman Hamrlik may have been the slowest hockey player I have ever seen when they claimed him.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
i don't really believe in GOAT or AINEC, but for this its Brashear by multiple laps

HM to Eric Staal cause NYR got the least effective hockey of his career, for a high price

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Yes and no. Guy had 35 points in 99 career games as a Ranger, as the only roster player we got back for McD/JT. Yikes.
Yea he didn’t produce greatly here but he’s a hard guy to hate imo because he was such a smart player. He never made bonehead mistakes, took bad penalties, or did many things that gets players hated by a fanbase. Even players like Strome or Miller who were more productive here made way more stupid decisions than Namestnikov. Panarin makes more stupid decisions than him, Namestnikov has very high hockey IQ and is great defensively imo

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think to qualify for "worst player" you need to be at least a semi-regular player in the lineup and here for more than a handful of games. Random guys that we called up from Hartford who played 20 games or guys like Eric Reitz or Pascal Rheaume shouldn't really qualify.

With that said, it should probably be one of the terrible "enforcers" like Brash, Glass, McKenna, etc. Those guys just weren't hockey players.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad