Worst Rangers in Recent Memory

jeff spicoli

Nov 27, 2005
Ryan Malone. He of championship pedigree and cocaine enthusiast from Tampa, signed a PTO I believe, earned an opening night spot and was waived two months later.

To this day, Ryan Malone is in my game day lexicon. One of those few games he played for the Rangers, he was involved in a goal mouth scrum trying to dig the puck free from the opposing goalie. MSG showed the replay on the big screen, and instead of poking for the puck Malone was hacking at the goalie's pads like he was chopping wood. Anyone sitting near me at games might hear me (or my buddy) ask the Rangers to "DIG! DIG! DIG! RYAN MALONE DIG!"

Reactions: Cmox and will1066

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Nobody can top Cody McLeod.

Donald Brashear skill, Olli Jokinen effort, Ryan Hollwegg stupidity, and Tanner Glass defenders all rolled into one.

We had like a 7-1 stretch after inserting him and people started talking about the effect he had. It was the one time I was actively mad about this team winning games.

He also wore #8 which made me irrationally mad. This f***ing guy deserved to be wearing like #103 and he was rocking a classic single-digit number.

frisland

Apr 9, 2003
Messier 2.0 was awful to live through and dont show me his stats and say he was still productive...

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
John Gilmour was pretty rough. He was in over his head. Figuratively and literally, because he was short.

Reactions: Cmox

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I think it’s funny that we’ve gone two pages and Derek Boogaard is not mentioned. He’s pretty easily the worst hockey player this team has dressed, maybe ever. Shame what happened to him (which is clearly the reason he’s not being mentioned) but that doesn’t change the fact that he spearheads this list.

Even a guy like Cody McLeod put up 60 points in the WHL one year.

Boogaard’s career high for points in the WHL was f***ing 9. He would have been the worst player in the ECHL. He wasn’t even trying to play hockey out there.

Last edited:

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
The answer is Stu Bickel imo. Hell always be a legend for the toughness he brought, but playing only 3:24 in a playoff game that went into triple OT says all you need to know.

Torts prefered to play shorthanded the whole game rather than risk him on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad