Votes: 27 44.3%
  • Jack Johnson FA Signing

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • Reaves +++ ....yeah

Votes: 9 14.8%

• Total voters

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
JMFJ played 11min in like half of their playoff games, no points, and was towards the bottom of the team in terms of +/-.

They won despite JMFJ, not anything to do with JMFJ.
Yes, point being that he could be buried. Just treat him like Ruhwedel and pay the $2.4m penalty for your stupidity. Granlund is a $4m penalty vs. Dom Simon (and no, he is not better at this juncture) and it was clear by the trade that cap inflation was over.

JJ's subsequent usage was dumber though.

I refuse to believe Hextall couldn't have negotiated retention on Granlund for the 2nd. He just didn't care, he was committed to moving the 2nd and quickly because he thought he may not even make it to the deadline.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
When I see people complaining the usage of Granlund or that JJ-Schultz pairing was the worst in the playoffs and lost us the MTL series, I think, “isn’t usage the province of the coach?” and maybe Sullivan should be included in the title of this thread…lol

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Granlund is the most shocking move since I´ve been following the Pens and that´s 17 years or so. Just a poisonous sabotaging move with huge consequences. It would have been poison even if it happened for free, but he purposely made cap space for it and sacrificed a 2nd rounder without retention. Also, Granlund makes absolutely ZEROOOO sense as a fit here. Just shocking all around, monkey would make a better random move than this. That alone is a fireable offense but Hextall did so much more damage even before that move.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Is Granlund really that bad? We are making him the worst player in NHL. I mean its not Hextal that gave him $5M contract, someone else thought he was worth it too. I mean since it looks like we are stuck with him is he that irredeemable?

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Is Granlund really that bad? We are making him the worst player in NHL. I mean its not Hextal that gave him $5M contract, someone else thought he was worth it too. I mean since it looks like we are stuck with him is he that irredeemable?

He's a mediocre option to put in your top 6.

He has zero skills required - zero - to be in the bottom 6.

So if you want the twilight years of Sid/Geno with mediocre wingers - overpaid ones - (think of him as more consistent Simon) - sure, he works. But is that what Sid / Geno need? They need big time playmakers now to HELP. Granlund can't do that. Idk maybe someone else can explain it better.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Granlund isn't the worst player. But he is a league min player making $5m. So he is a waste.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Granlund just doesn't compliment us in the way he has been used

Maybe he complimented another team for what they felt $5mil was worth

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Granlund isn't good enough that you want him in your top six and he doesn't excel as a play driving third liner either.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Granlund is the most shocking move since I´ve been following the Pens and that´s 17 years or so. Just a poisonous sabotaging move with huge consequences. It would have been poison even if it happened for free, but he purposely made cap space for it and sacrificed a 2nd rounder without retention. Also, Granlund makes absolutely ZEROOOO sense as a fit here. Just shocking all around, monkey would make a better random move than this. That alone is a fireable offense but Hextall did so much more damage even before that move.

Hextall: "aw f*** it"

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I think many people overlook the fact the JR could have been pressured to help out Sid’s childhood friend, JJ. However, Sleepy the fool thought it was a good idea to acquire Granlund. It’s clear Mr. Patience waited too long, and Granlund was a “I tried” move. Sleepy pissed away all that cap; he waited too long before he clear out space. By the time he made room, the good players were gone and the Miller trade fell through. Granlund was a desperation move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad