GDT: World Series: Atlanta Braves vs. Houston Astros

Who Wins?

• Total voters

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Biggest problem is watching on the east coast. Sports ending at 12:30 AM is just stupid.
I couldn't even imagine if the game goes to extra innings.

As for tonight....
Hopefully Urquidy puts up some 0's early on and the bats scores some runs early to take pressure off Urquidy. I don't want Urquidy being afraid to make a mistake so he ends up walking batters. Also taking a early lead will take the pressure off the batters. They can relax and do there thing rather than trying to over do it because they're behind and trying to score runs

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I couldn't even imagine if the game goes to extra innings.

As for tonight....
Hopefully Urquidy puts up some 0's early on and the bats scores some runs early to take pressure off Urquidy. I don't want Urquidy being afraid to make a mistake so he ends up walking batters. Also taking a early lead will take the pressure off the batters. They can relax and do there thing rather than trying to over do it because they're behind and trying to score runs
College FB Champ and Superbowl are the worst. Still insisting to put them on weeknights. Games don't end till at least midnight.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Next 2 games are HUGE for the Braves with Morton out. I'm guessing Game 4 will be a Smyly/pen game (worked in the CS) and an unpredictable Kyle Wright will go in Game 5.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Not that it matters now, but I was little surprised Fried didnt start game 1 and Morton game 2. Would want Morton going in both games in Houston potentially.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Big win and now it's best out of 5. Atlanta has done a good job after a loss so hopefully the Astros don't let them bounce back. Big 3 game road trip. I pray for at least 2 wins but won't complain if it's 3. Great job Urquidy and the rest of the pitchers.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Would the weather effect Baker's decision regarding the outfield? Would you start off with Siri or McCormick and have Alavrez or Brantley on the bench. If Astros have a lead stick with it and use Brantley or Alavrez as a pinch hitter? If remains close or fall behind, quickly take out Siri or McCormick and put Alvarez/Brantley in?

What does Braves do. Take out Soler who's hitting (is he not good on defense?)or Pederson(not hitting but better defense?)

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Man. 2 pitches 2 outs 1-0 game no one on and only the fourth inning and they pull the guy. This is a part of the game that’s gotten annoying

Windy River

Jan 31, 2013
Man. 2 pitches 2 outs 1-0 game no one on and only the fourth inning and they pull the guy. This is a part of the game that’s gotten annoying
Yeah wtf was that? Can anyone explain the reasoning there? That made no sense to me either.. is it something to do with the no-DH thing??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad