GDT: World Juniors 2019 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I'm honestly pumped that they moved div3 into a single tourney this year. I want the Netherlands and Australia to meet in the elimination round!

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I realized as I posted it with the 'childish' reference that I was opening myself to this. You're lucky that you guys are div3A or whatever; you can criticize with near impunity haha.

E - and I'm not aiming for a dig or whatever. I just mean that that point in my post doesn't relate to you.

hahaha. I know man. It was just an opportunity too easy to pass up

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'm honestly pumped that they moved div3 into a single tourney this year. I want the Netherlands and Australia to meet in the elimination round!

Div1B for my country this year. They play in Estonia and I am seriously debating going. It's 2 hours by plane. Might as well go

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Div1B for my country this year. They play in Estonia and I am seriously debating going. It's 2 hours by plane. Might as well go

Ah frig, you're right. I was looking at it a couple days ago and I mixed the Netherlands and South Africa up in my mind because of your connection to both.

I was legit super excited for you and @darko to have even more reason to pile onto one another. Bummer.

Reactions: darko

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
That's the Worlds, not u20. Sorry.

And I am amazed you remember my connection to South Africa haha

Haha, k that's makes sense. I was looking at U20 yeah.

Aussies are div3B (which is just div3 this year) and South Africa is in there too.

Your S.Africa connection is a bit blurry to me, but I do love me some darko-AK razzing; so I probably jumped the gun a bit when I seen that divisions 3A and 3B got combined for the end of January tourney.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
14th until the 20th in Iceland. Interesting... But I will be in Riga on the 13th and Bratislava on the 15th to scout Kravtsov

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Stereotyping should be banned on these boards.

Can’t talk politics, can’t “troll” but we allow entire countries to be disparaged and then those who make these outrageous claims are even defended. All of this mind you, by good posters.

Kind of a black eye in my opinion.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
He's not wrong. This happens every time. If they win, they celebrate all night, but if they lose they tell everyone how it isn't that important anyways. World Championships, World Juniors etc. Machinehead is not wrong.

He is wrong unless you can somehow speak for the entire country of Canada. How many Canadians do you know from Canada? 100, 1000, 10000? Doesnt speak for everyone.

Reactions: Riche16

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He is wrong unless you can somehow speak for the entire country of Canada. How many Canadians do you know from Canada? 100, 1000, 10000? Doesnt speak for everyone.

Dude, no one is under the impression that every single Canadian acts like this, drop the woe is me attitude. It's trash talking between fans on a f***ing message board. Relax. On average Canadians are more like to act like this than other countries, that doesn't mean that every Canadian acts like this, or most do. And it's fun to talk shit when you're a rival country. Stop with the persecution complex.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Dude, no one is under the impression that every single Canadian acts like this, drop the woe is me attitude. It's trash talking between fans on a ****ing message board. Relax. On average Canadians are more like to act like this than other countries, that doesn't mean that every Canadian acts like this, or most do. And it's fun to talk **** when you're a rival country. Stop with the persecution complex.

It’s a stereotype and as such shouldn’t be allowed... sexism or racism would be banned here... comments deleted... but this is fine?

Come on. We’re better than this

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It’s a stereotype and as such shouldn’t be allowed... sexism or racism would be banned here... comments deleted... but this is fine?

Come on. We’re better than this

Yeah because good-natured ribbing is the same as sexism and racism. I remember when Hitler was exterminating Canadian hockey fans and Canadian hockey fans couldn't vote until like 1920. Give me a break.

It's good-natured fun. This is a message board where fans come to have fun and joke around with and about other fanbases, that's part of being a fan. Hockey isn't that serious.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Dude, no one is under the impression that every single Canadian acts like this, drop the woe is me attitude. It's trash talking between fans on a ****ing message board. Relax. On average Canadians are more like to act like this than other countries, that doesn't mean that every Canadian acts like this, or most do. And it's fun to talk **** when you're a rival country. Stop with the persecution complex.

On average canadians arent more likely to act like that though, its spreading cow manure that's the problem. I mean in my experience, on average, posters with the name snownblind are more likely to overreact, tell others to relax and say the word Dude too much. It doesnt make it true cus I said it on a forum. I'm allowed to point out inaccurate statements based on someone's personal encounters. I'm totally relaxed,the post you just wrote quite the opposite.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
On average canadians arent more likely to act like that though, its spreading cow manure that's the problem. I mean in my experience, on average, posters with the name snownblind are more likely to overreact, tell others to relax and say the word Dude too much. It doesnt make it true cus I said it on a forum. I'm allowed to point out inaccurate statements based on someone's personal encounters. I'm totally relaxed,the post you just wrote quite the opposite.

By on average I don't mean the average Canadian hockey fan, I mean if you take all Canadian hockey fans and average them out they'd be more prone to this type of behavior. Also, someone just compared talking trash about a fan base to sexism and racism. Maybe you're relaxed but not everyone on your side of the debate is relaxed over this.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad