GDT: World Juniors 2019 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
So it ended up being a one-goal game, so obvioisly the narrative of the disallowed goal will dominate the news.

What should really dominate the news is how USA didn't convert on 5 PP opportunities.

Reactions: Riche16

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
So it ended up being a one-goal game, so obvioisly the narrative of the disallowed goal will dominate the news.

What should really dominate the news is how USA didn't convert on 5 PP opportunities.

Not to mention didn't cross the offensive blueline following the 2-2 goal.

Reactions: bleedblue94

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
This is the part where Canadians who bully children over this tournament tell us this tournament doesn't mean anything.

Looking forward to it.
As opposed to US parents bullying over baseball, basketball, football, soccer and of course those pageants with toddlers wearing makeup?

Shitty people everywhere... not just north of the border.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
As opposed to US parents bullying over baseball, basketball, football, soccer and of course those pageants with toddlers wearing makeup?

****ty people everywhere... not just north of the border.

There's not a junior-level tournament in the world as highly regarded as this one is.

And as soon as certain programs don't win, it becomes "who cares, senior level!!!"

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Are people really getting upset about @Machinehead 's comments? Yes, it's a generalization. But that's what fans f***ing do. Not all Canadian hockey fans are obnoxious asswipes that bully a teen on social media, not all Cowboys fans are bandwagoners, and not all Eagles fans are the scum of the earth that need to be locked up in a cell. Ok, maybe this doesn't apply to Eagles fans...

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Canadians are definitely one of the biggest sore losers going around.

I remember when they lost in the Olympics and people kept saying it doesn't really count because NHL players weren't in it. There's always an excuse when they lose, but they are the best team in the world when they win. It's childish

Reactions: darko

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Slepets had the best tournament of any draft eligible, with the Swiss kid Bruschweiler, Artyom Galimov and Ilya Morozov not too far behind. Goalies are so hot and cold in these short tournaments that i don't even bother caring how they do, but Sogaard had his worst stretch of his young career. Hughes and Kakko were inconsistent, but when they were on, they looked great. People will point to Kakko's goal as the end-all, be-all but Hughes missed three games (one vs Kazakhstan) and likely outproduces all 2001's. Podkolzin was excellent and consistent in all three zones and the fact that he was playing key minutes for Bragin in close games tells you a lot about the kid. Nussbaumer was very good in a top-6 role and was motoring from whistle to whistle. His team in Shawinigan sucks so ignore his QMJHL stats -- he's a very good 200-foot player with a high compete level.

Fagemo and Plasek were invisible but I still think they are two of the top 10 draft overagers.

Honka had some high-wire moments but his escapability remains the best among draft-eligible defenseman. Heinola was off but he was banged up. The Danish kid Brinkman can flat out fly and looked very good in limited time. Broberg also had some nice moments but dealt with the flu or the runs.

As far as NYR prospects, Kravtsov was really impressive considering he had to facilitate Denisenko and Kostin always demanding the puck. I love his on-ice demeanor and how he actually cares. Miller and Lundqvist had too many "oh no" moments defensively but also has several big-time plays with the puck. Gross looked slow but did well in the slot. He picked up an assist today but has an otherwise brutal game chasing the Russians around. Of course, all of it means nothing big picture-wise.

Glad it's over.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Hahaha, you guys are clearly only picking and choosing the things that you want to hear from Canadians. I'm somebody who doesn't put much merit into the overall outcome of this tournament, regardless of who wins or what players play well. I have buddies like me, and I have buddies who are still upset that Canada got eliminated because it's the most meaningful hockey event of the year for them. You're saying that I can't speak my truth because it contradicts the truth of somebody who shares my nationality.

You want to be upset at us because we're passionate which is fair, but you're calling us hypocrites and childish because we can't agree as an entire country on a single mindset. Your last president never even got 50% of your votes; is he the reflection of all of your moral beliefs?

Calm down lol.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I remember when they lost in the Olympics and people kept saying it doesn't really count because NHL players weren't in it. There's always an excuse when they lose, but they are the best team in the world when they win. It's childish

Well, I mean, shouldn't all of the stronger countries (except Russia) feel like their chance of winning was lessened because of the NHL pulling out? Germany got silver.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I don't have a president. I have a prime minister. ;)

I realized as I posted it with the 'childish' reference that I was opening myself to this. You're lucky that you guys are div3A or whatever; you can criticize with near impunity haha.

E - and I'm not aiming for a dig or whatever. I just mean that that point in my post doesn't relate to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad