GDT: World Jr - Can vs US 11:00AM

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
That's fair but we haven't drafted a single guy be an NHL player since McDavids draft and that's including our firsts. So fingers crossed we have at least 1-2 guys in that group. (Not talking about the last draft as that's much to soon).
Puljujarvi is an NHL player. He just has not lived up to his draft expectations. Benson is pretty much on track. Yamamoto is also pretty much where you would expect a guy drafted in the last third of the first. The next two drafts were defensemen. It's really too early to make any comments on drafts from 2016 and later.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
I don't know, it goes both ways. You do see high end players provide high end performances in this tournament as well. I think it has to do with your ability to "shine," when put up against the best of the best in your own peer group.

It does go both ways, but you have had high end players like Mackinnon get 1 pt in 6 games in the tournament as well.

Reactions: KYams17

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We can cherry pick stats to fit out narrative all day, just look at Forsberg, Lindros, Tikkanen, Mogilny and Bure.

All I'm saying is, do something Broberg.
He isn't doing anything offensively which is fine but we know, and he has a -4 which, is pretty embarassing with how Sweden has been stomping people.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
To quote you, they aren't in the AHL or NHL so their success means jack ****.

Indeed that is correct.

I'd take their draft over our last 2 or 3 drafts in a heart beat.

Or we could quote the rest of this board instead that pencils players into the all star team the day they are drafted.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Indeed that is correct.

I'd take their draft over our last 2 or 3 drafts in a heart beat.

Or we could quote the rest of this board instead that pencils players into the all star team the day they are drafted.

Meh, they've done nothing in the AHL or NHL. Doesn't mean anything.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Meh, they've done nothing in the AHL or NHL. Doesn't mean anything.

Hey it is the sheer number of good looking players the kings have from one draft. Every team is going to have a player or two who looks good in junior that we do not know about but the Kings got a lot of great prospects in that last draft.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
why didn’t you watch the game? Afraid you might have liked what you saw? Do you expect them to give you a run down of every one of his shifts just so you can claim it didn’t happen because you didn’t see it?
He’s biased man. He gets his opinions off of box scores and other peoples viewings.

Reactions: nabob

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
How to be an Oilers GM (page 2 of 5)

1.) Get hired

2.) Immediately blow a 1st round pick selection by going out of left field instead of making an obvious pick.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
We might see that as soon as this year if Holland and Tippett decide to bring up any of the AHL guys. Benson and Yamamoto have a decent shot at being middle 6 guys. Maksimov might come on as another middle 6 guy, maybe he comes a bit out of nowhere like Bear did (aside from a few posters like @harpoon, I think most fans wrote off Bear after his injury riddled season last year). I think Samorukov will get his legs in the AHL over now and next season and Bouchard might be ready next year. Lagesson likely replaces Russell next year and Jones is traded for a middle 6 winger or packaged for a 3C. Puljujarvi somewhere in that same boat. Broberg will be a couple years or so out, unfortunately, but should be a 2nd pair guy at worst IMO.

It just sucks that they aren't ready now, I agree on that.
Leave Maks in the AHL. He just started to get his full game going. He’s coming on now strong. Let his confidence grow. Don’t bring him up this year and destroy it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad