Toronto FC: World Cup Edition - (no longer) featuring Team CANADA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I don't know if anyone has posted about this before, but I was wondering about something. Why does James duthie go to every major tournament. He's a hockey guy, but he's at the Superbowl, he's at the world cup and he's at the world series. Kind of annoying seeing his face talking about shit he has no knowledge about.
He's a Studio host, he's not an expert in any sport.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Belgium is a top 5 team in the world. I don't know what their FIFA ranking is and i don't usually put too much stock into that. (i just opened a new window and checked. They're number 2 LOL). Just check their roster... they are sooooo deep and have so many top players. A guy like Leandro Trossard... not exactly a household name, but he's a beast and scores regularly in the EPL.
I just wanted to add that not putting too much stock into this seems wise. Current odds to win the cup have Belgium 9th, that is to say that there are 8 teams who's chances of winning are better than Belgium's so their #2 FIFA ranking doesn't mean a thing.

Should be a good game, I expect our team to be competitive.

Reactions: fahad203

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Spain destroyed Costa Rica 7 - 0 :eek3::eek3:

I hope we don't get embarrassed like that.
A draw with Belgium would be monumental

GO CANADA
canadian-flag-animated-gif-81-300x188.gif

Reactions: Jojalu

sylejman

Oct 7, 2020
He's a panel moderator more than anything. Keep to a script, and just feed questions/discussion topics to the "experts" on the panel.
Yea I understand that, it just comes off greedy. Surely someone else would love the opportunity to work at these kind of events.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yea I understand that, it just comes off greedy. Surely someone else would love the opportunity to work at these kind of events.
Do you think he took the spot by force? He's an employee of TSN going on an assignment.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Some people likely value the idea of being around family.
Realistically, as long as TSN values having a "journalist" with the crew, they will always send someone like Duthie.

I heard he beat Kate Bierness and than Dutch in a no holds barred UFC style match for the honor
We both know that Kate could take them both

Reactions: GoonieFace

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Don't remember anything about 1984!!! So this is the first time watching Canada in the World Cup!!!

LETS GO

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
So cool seeing our anthem at the world cup. Holy f***. Unreal. Let's go boys.

Hopefully it's going to be a great sports day.

Regardless this is cool.

Reactions: Jojalu

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
That national anthem sent chills across my body and tears in my eyes.

Hearing it loud in the crowd was surreal.

Let's go! Finally here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad