Toronto FC: World Cup Brazil/TFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
I agree with you guys. But my point was, why do you give the ball away when you can pass it to other player? I didn't see any good cross too. They were either going out or out of our teammates' reach.

Whenever Bradley cleared the ball up to set up our strikers, most of the times they got it. I want that if it's all you can do. I don't mind with low possession game but it's really important not to give possession away for nothing.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
pretty much an awful game they looked like a 2002 MLS team... everyone sucked. No one wants to say it because he's a young Canadian with good potential but Henry was AWFUL... Morrow bad again, Orr sucks... Bloom should NOT be in the MLS, Like wow on another level of bad... Bradley really forced to play D all game. The absences of Osorio and Jackson were very noticeable. Lets get these guys back quick... Im not mad or surprised this was the question from the beginning of the year, can the depth guys give enough support to the foundation? Well when 2 starters get injured and suspended that's a hard accomplishment. Still optimistic about a top seeding though.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
Defoe is injured with an unknown timetable for return
Lowry is injured with an unknown timetable for return
Reyes is injured with an unknown timetable for return

Fantastic.

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton
Im convinced this city's sporting arena's are built on some ancient Native American burial grounds its the only explanation at this point there's no way we could be THIS unlucky otherwise.

Jeez why can't we have good things? :cry:

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Henry, Osorio, Caldwell, Defoe, Morgan all out tomorrow lol

Who knows what will happen though... While Columbus are a good team they aren't RSL by any means, and Caldwell and Henry didn't exactly look good last week so maybe Hagglund/Boss/Richter can put in a good showing. Bloom back at RB and Jackson back at RM strengthens the team a little bit at least.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
They're going to have to get their scout to play again. Anyone remember?

They used their scout (Regan) who played a year or two before then as a defender and some guy from a lower league (Rick Titus) for a game when they had injuries and national team call ups.

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
Depth was always going to be this team's weakness, so I can't wait to see if they can overcome the adversity of this battered lineup. Hoping for a great game!

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton
Game today at 4 30 on sportnet360 thefirstrow.eu for a live stream

its actually at 6 no? and how is the line up looking today with the injuries and suspensions. I'm sure we'll get the full lineup back within the next two weeks because the injuries seem like small knocks.

Also anyone know how long Bright Dike is out for I love the way he plays he brings a great presence off the bench as a substitute striker and can start in the MLS.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Right now TFC has 20yo New Zealand international Tim Payne training with them and could sign him soon... the more depth the better, and he could be a good signing at only 20. He will be a free agent in May/June so he would presumably be a permanent signings rather than a loan from Blackburn.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
Henry, Osorio, Caldwell, Defoe, Morgan all out tomorrow lol

Who knows what will happen though... While Columbus are a good team they aren't RSL by any means, and Caldwell and Henry didn't exactly look good last week so maybe Hagglund/Boss/Richter can put in a good showing. Bloom back at RB and Jackson back at RM strengthens the team a little bit at least.

So to revise my earlier post:
Henry, Osorio, Caldwell, Defoe and Morgan are injured or suspended
Lowry and Johnson are injured
Reyes and Janssen are injured
Bernier is injured

Faaaaantastic. :laugh:

At least all 4 teams are playing today.

Last edited:

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
TFC lineup

Gilberto
Dero
Rey Bradley Bekker Jackson
Morrow Hagglund Orr Bloom
Cesar

Not that bad considering the injuries... Bekker is a good choice, TFC had so much more possession vs RSL when he came on compared to Hall. Hopefully the CBs can have a good game

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Bradley! What a start from TFC. Dominating a quality Columbus team in Columbus through 15 minutes. Actually holding possession for once :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad