GDT: WJHC: Canada vs Česko

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
That hit isn't even a minor penalty in the NHL lol
Hope all of you somehow starts understanding that junior-hockey isnt NHL? Junior-hockey is played by IIHF rules and according to them that is a 5+game every time. He even jumped into it and had his arms up. There was no other choice than kick outta game.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Hope all of you somehow starts understanding that junior-hockey isnt NHL? Junior-hockey is played by IIHF rules and according to them that is a 5+game every time. He even jumped into it and had his arms up. There was no other choice than kick outta game.

A few weeks ago Flilip Hronek was absolutely demolished by Ryan Reaves. Clear head contact and he knocked him into 2023. Hronek was in top 10 D scoring and Reaves was a healthy scratch in NY.

It turns out that, by NHL rules, the hit was totally legal. You are allowed to make head contact first if unavoidable. I hate that rule! I cannot believe they allow it. I prefer the IIHF rule. I lost that Hronek fight after learning about the rule and my first comment was that it shouldn't be a legal hit and NHL needs to change the rules to protect their players.

I get hockey is a physical sport and their is risk. If Reaves had broken his collarbone I say nothing.

However, HF is filled with the 'go watch tennis' or the 'they get paid a lot of money and can always quit' crowd. Apparantly saying no headshots is the same as saying no hitting and I like bowlling. There is NO in between a headshot and bowling. Has to be one or the other.lol

So many of those guys from the rock em sock em days don't see the head as point of contact but where the players feet were.lol 'on the ground, so it's good'.lol So many guys from the heydey of Scott Stevens and such had their lives altered because of those hits.. suicides, drug addictions, ptsd, mental health and early deaths. But it's okay, they are paid of a lot of money and therefore hitting head first is okay. It's a caveman mentality. Hell, Scott Stevens retired because of cocussions. Paul Kariya, Eric Lindros all done becuase of this. Crosby had big concussions issues too from a 'accidental headshot'. 2 very good Czechs currently can't play because of concussions - Voracek and O. Kase (f*** Drew Doughty). We're losing star players .. elite players, generational players and Don Cherry type fans are typing 'keep your head up kid, good hit'. It's pathetic and the NHL needs to change the rule yesterday.

Anyways, last night the dude bleeding from his face and can't walk straight and people are vehmently arguing that it was a chest shot.lol Maybe it was internal bleeding from the chest coming out his nose? Why I like the IIHF rule.. that hit cost Canada the game and I doubt we see a hit like that again from Canada.

I know exactly what the plan was.. demolish a Czech and get the crowd going! Same with Michigan's... do a great goal like that, get the crowd going. Canada can beat us on merit alone. Outskill and outhustle us.. something tells me if we play them again, then that is exactly what they'll do!

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

The poster I was replying to mentioned someone crying if the same hit happened the their favorite NHL player. Hence me saying it isn't even a penalty in the NHL. Which it isn't.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
The poster I was replying to mentioned someone crying if the same hit happened the their favorite NHL player. Hence me saying it isn't even a penalty in the NHL. Which it isn't.
Either way the crying starts right away if a high hit concur in the NHL. All fans of the team, whoose player hits are bitching "Keep yo head up" and the opponents fans cry for suspensions. I have never seen so many blind ppl than on HF. It`s all about the colours on the sweater. Like 5% of the people here can objectively look at anything.
I actually think IIHF ruling is very good. Concussions would be far less. You can hit without doing headshiots, even NHL think they are legal. No need for targeting high.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Either way the crying starts right away if a high hit concur in the NHL. All fans of the team, whoose player hits are bitching "Keep yo head up" and the opponents fans cry for suspensions. I have never seen so many blind ppl than on HF. It`s all about the colours on the sweater. Like 5% of the people here can objectively look at anything.
I actually think IIHF ruling is very good. Concussions would be far less. You can hit without doing headshiots, even NHL think they are legal. No need for targeting high.
That hit should not be a major penalty. Straight up do not care what level or what rulebook, that is at most a 2 minute minor to me even using the IIHF rulebook and not a penalty at all using the NHL rulebook. Canada loses that game regardless. Would be my opinion either way, I'm not crying about it either.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Lmfao “almost never been done”
Ok
When else has it been done outside of a few times as an 18 year old? I’ll wait

I’m not sure you know what the word historic means…

Also wouldn’t be the first time scouts have been wrong.

I’ve stated even prior to this tournament that Fantilli makes a concerning amount of boneheaded plays for someone who’s supposed to be a future franchise player
First of all, I clearly said borderline historic for an 18 year old. Show me the better seasons from an 18 year old Outside of the few that I already mentionned.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
He will most likely get buried on the 4th line for the rest of the tournament. I think he only played like 2 minutes in the 3rd last night. He is pretty clearly over his head here. Still a good prospect but the hyping was getting a little out of control. He had a good first half on a stacked NCAA team racking up pts vs inferior opponents. He was pretty mediocre in the U18s last year too. In all reality, probably was not ready to be on this team yet.
I think it’s more of an off night as opposed to him being in over his head.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
This will be closed soon.. I had a question though... when was the last time Canada lost to a non top 5 contender at this tourney like us?

Has it every happened? Any losses to Slovakia, Germany, Swiss, Latvia anywhere? Did we break the streak?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Look at this video a few times. Dean is coming in low and explodes upwards and skates leaves the ice. Is there something wrong with your eyes or then dont you know the rules? A straight shoulder to head elevating upwards. He should actually get a few games too.

Despite that slow mo replay, the rules clearly posted here and the fact they video reviewed for about 5 minutes and still came to the same conclusion .. there will STILL be posters saying 'Cech skated head first into his shoulder'.lol 'That was all chest'. 'No head contact' despite a bleeding face and the fact that Cech did not play another shift after that. Cech is a big boy and plays with pros in Finland.

I'm absolutely positive if Scott Steven's became the next DOPS guy and banned these hits, that posters here would call him a p***y.lol

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Hoping Canada plays more physical against Germany.

Look at this video a few times. Dean is coming in low and explodes upwards and skates leaves the ice. Is there something wrong with your eyes or then dont you know the rules? A straight shoulder to head elevating upwards. He should actually get a few games too.

That’s just good clean hockey by Canada and bad awareness by the Czech. You F around, you find out.

• Haha
Reactions: DingerMcSlapshot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad