GDT: WJHC: Canada vs Česko

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
The more we learn about CTE, the less any contact to the head will be tolerated. NHL rules will eventually align with the IIHF’s. Potential lawsuits will be the cause of it.

And yeah, fighting will also die out. Ever wonder why former NHL tough guys are dying at an alarming rate?

People shouldn't have to risk death or permanent damage for your entertainment .
They don’t? No one is forcing them to do it? They’re paid a ridiculously large amount of money to play a game they CHOSE to play…

Reactions: TheBeastCoast

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
I often wonder how some European teams would do if they actually developed their own players at home. I'm sick of Canadian junior hockey teams developing other countries players.
Sure, and ban all the European players from AHL. They should either get NHL minutes regularly, or go home to their native leagues until they are ready to contribute on the big stage.
Or maybe NHL also should ban all non North American players?

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
What the f*** does “borderline historic” even mean and why do you keep saying it over and over
Because it’s almost never been done before as an 18 year old. Find me comparable seasons from an 18 year old

No, because not

this game reminds me so much of the blowout loss to Russia in Ostrava. Was there and the mood amongst the fans was downright depressing, people considering flying home early. Won the gold though
So many Fantilli haters after one bad game lol. If he scores next game, all these fair weather fans will be back. Just wait…

No one was saying any of this last week but not a so so pre tournament and first game and all of a sudden all the scouts are wrong about him.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Because it’s almost never been done before as an 18 year old. Find me comparable seasons from an 18 year old

So many Fantilli haters after one bad game lol. If he scores next game, all these fair weather fans will be back. Just wait…

No one was saying any of this last week but not a so so pre tournament and first game and all of a sudden all the scouts are wrong about him.
Lmfao “almost never been done”
Ok

Reactions: viceroy

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Fire Dubas!!!

;)
This has nothing to do with Dubas. He didn't pick the team. Simply a result of no Leafs prospects on the team leading the way! All the other teams in the tournament will lose for the same reason and there will be no champion. ;)

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
This has nothing to do with Dubas. He didn't pick the team. Simply a result of no Leafs prospects on the team leading the way! All the other teams in the tournament will lose for the same reason and there will be no champion. ;)
I was going to say the addition of Clarke, let’s look at the facts

No Clarke , gold medal
Clarke on team, potentially relegated
:sarcasm:

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Ok so the kids just learned a BIG lesson. Forget the nhl rules, forget the ahl rules, forget the jr. rules.
any touch to the head from any players for any reason, your fault, my fault, anybody fault, nobody fault you will get game penalty for sure. game over. so these are the rules the refs are using, so go out and play and what is good for us is good for them. Get hit= throw you head back and act like your dead and be taken off the ice. HUMM- sounds like euro soccer rules. the big point is better to learn NOW at the first game then in a gold game. Now lets see game 2 to see is the fix is in or not.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Ok so the kids just learned a BIG lesson. Forget the nhl rules, forget the ahl rules, forget the jr. rules.
any touch to the head from any players for any reason, your fault, my fault, anybody fault, nobody fault you will get game penalty for sure. game over. so these are the rules the refs are using, so go out and play and what is good for us is good for them. Get hit= throw you head back and act like your dead and be taken off the ice. HUMM- sounds like euro soccer rules. the big point is better to learn NOW at the first game then in a gold game. Now lets see game 2 to see is the fix is in or not.
It's 4-2 even if they don't toss him and just give him a 2 minute penalty.

The refs were the least of their problems.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Perhaps I'm mistaken but I thought they scored the first one within the first 2 minutes of it.

It should have been a minor for sure.

Ultimately, Canada played like crap. But it's one game too.
No they successfully killed off almost 4 minutes of the penalty and then gave up two in under a minute near the end.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

I’m not sure you know what the word historic means…

Also wouldn’t be the first time scouts have been wrong.

I’ve stated even prior to this tournament that Fantilli makes a concerning amount of boneheaded plays for someone who’s supposed to be a future franchise player

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
any touch to the head from any players for any reason, your fault, my fault, anybody fault, nobody fault you will get game penalty for sure
Anymore bright ideas? Seems like you have got a few hits to the head...

Pretty sure that if someone comes hitting Caufield like that you cry like a baby for a 5 game suspension. Its hypocrazy as its best in good old HF-fashion.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Anymore bright ideas? Seems like you have got a few hits to the head...

Pretty sure that if someone comes hitting Caufield like that you cry like a baby for a 5 game suspension. Its hypocrazy as its best in good old HF-fashion.
That hit isn't even a minor penalty in the NHL lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

From the summer tourney... 1 for 3. Canada REALLY wants to score Michigans on us.lol

FTR.. it's s skill move and I have no problems with it. Our own Adam Benak (you'll hear about him 2 years) did one at the U17 challenge a few months ago. A gold medal was won by a Finn at the World's this way.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Refreshing to see Canada get humbled.

I don't really care for the WJC that much, I've never bought into the hero worship narrative that Cmthe Canadian media and "fans" like shout about.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA

He will most likely get buried on the 4th line for the rest of the tournament. I think he only played like 2 minutes in the 3rd last night. He is pretty clearly over his head here. Still a good prospect but the hyping was getting a little out of control. He had a good first half on a stacked NCAA team racking up pts vs inferior opponents. He was pretty mediocre in the U18s last year too. In all reality, probably was not ready to be on this team yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad