Prospect Info: WJC

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
murica-hulk.gif

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
So if US has to quarantine 5 days or something the tournament is pretty much over for them? What happens if this occurs before a medal game? Aso what if it ends up being a false positive? Now you punished a team for a faulty test in a short tournament

Reactions: DaveG

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
So if US has to quarantine 5 days or something the tournament is pretty much over for them? What happens if this occurs before a medal game? Aso what if it ends up being a false positive? Now you punished a team for a faulty test in a short tournament

Isn’t Canada’s Covid rules stricter than the USA; thus, more than 5 days means USA is toast.

I suppose last healthy team will win this tournament.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Do you actually believe that?
Thank you. This prompted me to set out to find a screenshot of the South Park scientology episode for some cheap likes, and I didn't find I good one, but I found instead that Chef's voice actor Isaac Hayes actually didn't leave the show for laughing at scientology, but according to his son he had had a stroke and wasn't in condition to do decide on such a thing and it was actually done in Hayes' name by Hayes' scientologist entourage.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
2/4 games already canceled for today with a Czech and a Russian player testing positive.

The USA game still has no official announcement but it looks like no one else on the team has tested positive. The 2 players from yesterday are officially out now as they tested positive again and now must quarantine.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Athletic is reporting that the whole thing is now going to be cancelled due to multiple teams testing positive.

Bummer.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Without getting into debates about it, all I will say is I'm incredibly disappointed and find it hard to believe they cancelled the entire tournament and I suspect the large majority of the players feel the same way. Oh well.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Without getting into debates about it, all I will say is I'm incredibly disappointed and find it hard to believe they cancelled the entire tournament and I suspect the large majority of the players feel the same way. Oh well.

The whole tournament was about to become a shit show.

And yes, healthy players and positive tests, rules are dumb, things of that nature. Maybe true, but the rules are the rules, and by the rules, no one was gonna be able to ice a team in the end. I imagine it was too hard to get an international body to change the rules in the short period of time they had to act.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
If you were making the decisions and we were able to get covid under control (lolololol), would you allow teams to have overage players for one year since this years tournament wasn't completed?

I feel sad for these kids both men and women. They worked their butts off to get here and now they don't get to play at what will be their biggest tournament ever. But obviously safety first.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
If you were making the decisions and we were able to get covid under control (lolololol), would you allow teams to have overage players for one year since this years tournament wasn't completed?

I feel sad for these kids both men and women. They worked their butts off to get here and now they don't get to play at what will be their biggest tournament ever. But obviously safety first.
No, for two reasons that immediately come to mind: 1) they can and are playing hockey at top levels...this wasn't their only avenue. 2) allowing overage kids would come at the cost of the kids who get their one or two year shot at this.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
What did they think was going to happen? They’re playing in arenas with fans present and staying in hotels with the public. Some players were going to get covid. If they couldn’t accept this and find a way to work around it then they should have either canceled the tournament in advance or played in empty arenas and stayed in private hotels.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
What did they think was going to happen? They’re playing in arenas with fans present and staying in hotels with the public. Some players were going to get covid. If they couldn’t accept this and find a way to work around it then they should have either canceled the tournament in advance or played in empty arenas and stayed in private hotels.

They planned for a different virus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad