WJC Thread 2018

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
It's been awhile for Canada. Fantastic game.

Sweden has some really good players, but so does Canada.

Flyers may finally have found their goalie with Hart.

Love how Hart plays, it'll be a surprise for me if he isn't a quality starter.

This edition of TC clicked right away for me. Just loved the blend lf speed, transition, smarts and shots they had.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
London would have to trade him to a playoff team, but, yeah that would be awesome.

London is in the playoffs. They started off real bad. They were last in the league. But they started picking it up and now they're in the playoffs. Getting Mete will enhance their chances. However, if he gets traded, it should be to either Sault Ste. Marie or Hamilton. Personally, I would love to see him in Hamilton along with Bitten. Apparently, Hamilton just acquired Robert Thomas in a trade they can't officially announce until after the tournament.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Love how Hart plays, it'll be a surprise for me if he isn't a quality starter.

This edition of TC clicked right away for me. Just loved the blend lf speed, transition, smarts and shots they had.

Yeah, me too. Solid, solid team. Fast & smart. Liked them a lot too.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Can't wait til they clean house in Laval. Ducharme and Bouchard would be huge additions. Damn this GM. :shakehead

My dream team running Laval. Bouchard is dialed in on the Q in terms of finding talent. And now with Team Canada, he's dialed in for the entire CHL. The Habs organization can benefit from having such a guy in a position like that.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Sweden has even fewer registered hockey players than the province of Québec. Maybe, someday, someone will pay attention and turn things around.

Quite incredible the talent Sweden produces. They always hold more than their own against Canada and other much bigger countries. Canada has more than 10 times the number of junior aged hockey players.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
London is in the playoffs. They started off real bad. They were last in the league. But they started picking it up and now they're in the playoffs. Getting Mete will enhance their chances. However, if he gets traded, it should be to either Sault Ste. Marie or Hamilton. Personally, I would love to see him in Hamilton along with Bitten. Apparently, Hamilton just acquired Robert Thomas in a trade they can't officially announce until after the tournament.

Robert Thomas! Oh man. Thomas & Bitten together. That's going to be fun. I have to get out to one of their games.

Lol Wasn't aware London had made it into a playoff spot. Would love to see Mete moved to a team with Memorial Cup aspirations.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
We'll see Poehling and Ikonen again next year, and maybe Mete at the Olympics this year...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
My dream team running Laval. Bouchard is dialed in on the Q in terms of finding talent. And now with Team Canada, he's dialed in for the entire CHL. The Habs organization can benefit from having such a guy in a position like that.

And yet...it won't happen. It's so clear that it will never happen.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Robert Thomas! Oh man. Thomas & Bitten together. That's going to be fun. I have to get out to one of their games.

Lol Wasn't aware London had made it into a playoff spot. Would love to see Mete moved to a team with Memorial Cup aspirations.

In the OHL, it would be either Sault Ste. Marie or Hamilton. They're the two best teams in the OHL. I would love to see him traded to Hamilton. Not only because I'd love to watch Bitten and Mete in the same team (like Sergachev and Addison in Windsor last year). But with Matthew Strome, Robert Thomas, Will Bitten, and Victor Mete, Hamilton will be in real good shape.

Here's hoping Habs (while keeping watch on Bitten) get to see what Thomas would look like playing with one of their own prospects so they can acquire him from St. Louis.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
You bring Ducharme, Bouchard and Julien Brisebois and you change what our team is all about. Just like that. And you add other pieces.

As logical as that is. As finally available as those young up and coming actually talented francophone individuals are... We both know it won't happen.

Molson loves MB and doesn't know hockey. He needs advisors, who in turn he doesn't have the ability to discern he's being fed piss poor advice.

And, most importantly, he has 10M a year still invested in MB/MT/CJ for a long time. That's disregarding the rest of front office + AHL staff that will get fired, won't find work and that he'll have to pay. Sad as it is, I think we're basically the new Kevin Lowe Oilers, down to the ego and arrogance.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
You bring Ducharme, Bouchard and Julien Brisebois and you change what our team is all about. Just like that. And you add other pieces.

I have the same team in my book.

You let BriseBois bring in some of his guys from Tampa, where the Habs can have guys who play a role in building that team.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DS1DQk1UQAA7b1s.jpg

Those two guys on the left. I so want them both to have Habs logo pins on their suit jackets in the very, very near future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad