USA
Confirmed Tournament Roster

USA.jpg

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Swiss Roster still false:laugh:
5 of those are out injured or with covid and without them I don't think we'll have a chance vs the Amerks. I don't think they'll be as casual as the Russians offensively who had the puck all game long but did nothing with it.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I'll take the U.S. for a pretty decisive W in this one. 8-2. sounds about right.

Is that it? only 2 games on the sched today? Bummer. I like triple-headers.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I think the US forecheck could make this a rough game for the Swiss.

That's the least of my worries because our defenders are pretty good. I'm much more worried the Amerks might not be as harmless and forgiving with the gifted possession as the Russians were yesterday...especially if our clowns behind the bench keep throwing away faceoffs by using our best faceoff guys on one line:help:

We also need much better goaltending. With half decent goaltending we could have beaten the Russians yesterday but with Patenaude gone we probably won't get it from either of the guys left.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Keys to the game for Switzerland:

- Triple TOI for Hofer and Meier compared to yesterday

- Split up the topline. The clowns can still frontload via special teams and double shifting (if they even know what it is) if necessary but we need our best forwards to win faceoffs and we need to get all 4 lines going

- Dress Derungs is somewhat healthy

- Sit Pasche and play Galley (preferably) or Henauer. Not likely gonna change much but you have try at least because without solid goaltending we won't have a chance in this group.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Would be really surprised if this tournament would go smoothly. Omikron is such a beast, if it finds a way into a team there is probably no way to stop it.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Would be really surprised if this tournament would go smoothly. Omikron is such a beast, if it finds a way into a team there is probably no way to stop it.

Its contagious sure but it aint no beast. I know upwards of 40 people who have contracted it in the past couple weeks and nobody has had more than a headache

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Yes! What a win! Marco Bayer for president! Most amazing coach in history! Forced the Amerks into submission single handedly!

Reactions: Jussi and LOFIN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad