GDT: [WJC] Switzerland vs. United States, 10pm EST 11/8/22

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
I hope Arizona doesn’t rush Cooley. He has talent, but his game is going to need to mature and he definitely needs to put on weight.
Agreed, although he seems to have a good foundation of balance & strength though, on that late icing a few minutes ago he sent the Swiss defender on his arse.

Edit:

Congrats to the U.S. for a convincing win & to the Swiss for being a solid opponent.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Once Luke figures out how to handle the banging at the NHL level ( like it took Jack 2 yrs to work through ) watch out
Luke is a lot bigger so it could be easier for him once he's grown into his body. Him being bigger than his brothers but similarly skilled is the scary thing. Still surprised he fell to 4th in his draft.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Luke is a lot bigger so it could be easier for him once he's grown into his body. Him being bigger than his brothers but similarly skilled is the scary thing. Still surprised he fell to 4th in his draft.

He's also coming into the league older and with 2 college years. Jack was 18 and made an unprecedented jump from the NTDP to the NHL.

Reactions: Hinterland

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Well the guys taken above him are absolutely killing it as well, so it's kinda hard to put him ahead of anyone. Wasn't this draft considered weak as well? Right now it's shaping up to be pretty damn good.
I'm not that high on Beniers. Never was. The other two yeah, absolutely.

Reactions: Ippenator

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
As good as Luke is I still don't think he really ends up challenging Jack. Jack's going to contend for Hart's.
I don't think he will, but I think he's got the sort of talent that if everything comes together for him, he could become a Niedermeyer / Leetch caliber of defenseman. A top 3-5 player at his position.

I think Jack ends up a ~90-100 point center most years (I know he was pacing in that range as a 20 year old, but he was also benefiting from some pretty good puck luck). though if he continues to develop maybe higher? I think he could also become a top 3-5 player at his position.

Fortunately, we don't have to choose between them.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He's also coming into the league older and with 2 college years. Jack was 18 and made an unprecedented jump from the NTDP to the NHL.
I can't believe he's going back to Michigan considering the level of player he already is. He's already a #3 NHL defenseman IMO. I get that he wants to get faster and stronger but jeez. He's going to be one hell of a rookie.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I agree with the sentiment here - Luke Hughes is going to be a lot of fun to watch in the NHL. Devils fans must be giddy.

Was dissapointed with Knies-Cooley duo...not sure if it's just my bias, but Cooley giving off poor man Barzal vibes, hanging on the puck way too long and not distributing it well.

Reactions: horner

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I agree with the sentiment here - Luke Hughes is going to be a lot of fun to watch in the NHL. Devils fans must be giddy.

Was dissapointed with Knies-Cooley duo...not sure if it's just my bias, but Cooley giving off poor man Barzal vibes, hanging on the puck way too long and not distributing it well.
Cooley has some maturation to do in his game.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Hughes is fun to watch for sure. Also love Mazur's game. Grinder with great positioning and a nose for the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad