GDT: WJC: Sweden Vs Slovakia | Dec 27th | 9:30 PM

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
What an undeserved win by Sweden. Well not underserved thanks to Wahlstedt, I was just hoping for Slovaks to win. If it was not Wahlstedt, the game would've looked a lot different. 48 shots usually result as a goal or two.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Slovaks played well, poor PP but a lot of effort and grit 5v5. Nice work by Wallstedt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaska

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
This:

Well you know a 5+20 will do that. Also shot totals were a bit weird aswell Slovakia threw a bunch of stuff at the net they had no business throwing at the net. Lesson for them is to wait until they’ve got an actual scoring opportunity. Today there were just so many shots taken from far out without any real trafick in front. Cant do that against a keeper like Wallstedt.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Wallstedt has the mannerisms of a world class goalie.

All the little extra stuff like selling contact, knocking nets off, casual and confident on his glove saves and relaxes his stance early even with the puck in the zone.

Yeah that knocking the net off he timed like pro, ha ha ha!

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
That wasnt pretty from a Swedish perspective. But a win is a win, but they need to step it up next game.

Take aways:

Wallstedt is good. Really really good.
He needs to be this good for Sweden to win, and he can be.

Forwards need to step it up a bit.

Slovakia was played great, definitely deserved more, I do hope they continue to play well despite the results not going their way so far.

Reactions: Tomas W

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
Did the Swede's actually wear blue last night? They seem to never wear them. There's some weird preference to only wear yellow, right?

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
What an undeserved win by Sweden. Well not underserved thanks to Wahlstedt, I was just hoping for Slovaks to win. If it was not Wahlstedt, the game would've looked a lot different. 48 shots usually result as a goal or two.

Who the f*ck cares, the goalie is part of a hockey team, right? This was great for Sweden, we need to get our goalie going.

If it was not Wahlstedt?

Really, what if it is was not you? A dude from Finland writing about a Swedish game, perfect. (sarcasm)

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

What would the shots have been had Sweden been down 1-2 goals for almost 60 minutes with that amount of PP time?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Neat stat from last night (that means nothing)...

Czechs and Slovaks combined for over 85 shots and scored one (fluke) goal.lol

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That wasnt pretty from a Swedish perspective. But a win is a win, but they need to step it up next game.

Take aways:

Slovakia was played great, definitely deserved more, I do hope they continue to play well despite the results not going their way so far.
In the first game, all of the goals on Wallstedt were flukes...off the skate of a Dman, from behind the net after bouncing off a defender's butt, etc..

Slovakia looks very good. I knew they were good, but at times they looked bigger , faster, and stronger than the Swedes, which is pretty hard to do.

Last edited:

swedehollow

Aug 15, 2018
Weird post. If Sweden would have fell behind early, I bet they would have had more shots on goal. And I'm sure they would have had another guy in net if it was not Wallstedt. And you don't "deserve" a win. You either win, or you don't. Deserve has nothing to do with it...

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It can be a huge rallying point for a team if they have a great goalie, and a couple of great(ok, one great, one or two vg) Dmen, which Sweden does.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Take aways:

Slovakia has played quite well but they aren't making it into the medal round but maybe next year with all the returnees.

But then again maybe not.

Still a very fun team to watch and I think it would be very interesting how a former Czechoslovakia team would hypothetically look this year and next.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Who the f*ck cares, the goalie is part of a hockey team, right? This was great for Sweden, we need to get our goalie going.

If it was not Wahlstedt?

Really, what if it is was not you? A dude from Finland writing about a Swedish game, perfect. (sarcasm)

Absolutely, Sweden deserved the win. Don't you have any respect towards the goalie? What a great prospect. Dunno what my nationality have to do with that.

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Did the Swede's actually wear blue last night? They seem to never wear them. There's some weird preference to only wear yellow, right?

They won gold at the 2006 Olympics wearing blue. I think yellow is preferred, yeah (to me it’s the most classically Swedish team look), and I’ve mostly deduced that with however they decide home/away teams in tournaments, sometimes they play a team who prefer a jersey deemed too similar to the yellow, or something like that.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Wallstedt is so good. Reminds me so much of Jacob Markstrom… present day Jacob Markstrom.

Kajoo72

Dec 29, 2021
Bratislava

I´d rather take one (or six) undeserved wins than those cute losses. Winning is a skill, and winning ugly almost an art.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad