full

Slovakia
Confirmed Tournament Roster

SVK.jpg

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
it would be a major upset if sweden wins this game. slovakia has much stronger roster.

hopefully lysell plays

Reactions: kudla

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
I mean Slovakia is better than in years, decades maybe, but calling Sweden winning being an upset is just not accurate.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Would be lovely to see my team claim this one but realistically we have bigger chance against Russia. Tre Kronor with Holtz and Eklund are a bit too much. I expect Slovaks to have strong first period but then the fatigue from the last game will enter the scene and we won´t be able to keep up with Swedes.

Sweden 6-2

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Slovakia is a very young and interesting team but it might be a year early for real medal competition, that said its for sure a possibility. This is gonna be close.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I mean Slovakia is better than in years, decades maybe, but calling Sweden winning being an upset is just not accurate.
Agreed. Eye of Ra with the classic reverse jinx. I say Sweden 4-3 in OT if Slovaks play like they did in third period yesterday. If they play like they did second period it will be 6-2

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Lineup changes I need to see for this game:

Slafkovsky - Myklukha - Chromiak
Dvorsky - Demek - Mesar
Kaslik - Petrovsky - Faith
Sykora - Jedlicka - Krajc

Knazko - Becar
Stacha - Nemec
Petrovicky - Kmec
Bakala

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Hoping tonights Czech - o - Slovakia double header is a little more fruitful as both the Czechs and Slovaks had 1 period each where it all fell apart.

I think 3 - 2 with the US is an amazing start despite a loss.

I think 4-3 Slovakia and I do consider it an upset despite thinking the Slovak team can medal here! Good luck.

Note: Sweden doubling Russia was impressive!

Reactions: Zolik37

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Could this be Slovakia's strongest team ever in WJC? Still not enough to move Sweden probably, but still.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Could this be Slovakia's strongest team ever in WJC? Still not enough to move Sweden probably, but still.

It's still a very young team. Next year the team will be better. Slovakia has already won medals in this tournament (1999,2015)

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
In terms of skill probably yes but this team is extremely young as evident by the second period against USA yesterday. In the third they found their footing and young boys began taking it right at top USA first round guys. If Slovakia plays like they did the third, the entire game, than I think the result ends different

Reactions: hellwar9

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
In terms of skill probably yes but this team is extremely young as evident by the second period against USA yesterday. In the third they found their footing and young boys began taking it right at top USA first round guys. If Slovakia plays like they did the third, the entire game, than I think the result ends different

It's a lack of coaching in general at the junior/pro national level. I noticed this under Ramsay several times as with Petrovicky last tourny/Fenes as well. It's kind of a chronic bad habit they get as juniors and it's sticks with them in Pro. As soon as the team has a long way home they struggle with a clean line change, zone pressure, zone entry, clearing the Dzone. That second period yesterday looked like USA were non-stop on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad