GDT: WJC: Sweden Vs Slovakia | Dec 27th | 9:30 PM

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
No rythm at all for Sweden defensemen just looking for the next opportunity to run a slovak instead of trying to solve the situation.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Agreed, I'm a Wild fan so I'm over the moon that they snagged him at the draft
You’re a wild fan? last I checked, all of your posts are disregarding Kaprizov’s success because he outplayed Stutzle. 80% of the posts I’ve seen of yours have been saying “Kaprizov is 35”

Filip Karlsson

Oct 6, 2020
You’re a wild fan? last I checked, all of your posts are disregarding Kaprizov’s success because he outplayed Stutzle. 80% of the posts I’ve seen of yours have been saying “Kaprizov is 35”
I've legit never made a post regarding those two haha, you have me mixed up with someone else

EDIT: And I think Kaprizov is outstanding :)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Fenes giving Dvorsky zero looks is f***ing brutal

imo Dvorsky so far has looked like most 16 year olds who play in this tournament. He doesn't look out of place but not standing out. Not a bad thing at all, it's just an older players tournament

Reactions: kudla

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Win just thanks to Wallstedt, not many positive things were there. Perhaps only the first powerplay, it helped a lot. Usually in the Sweden-Slovakia match, the defenders make a difference in favor of the Swedes, but this was not the case today. Support from the defence was severly limited, so the Sewedes could not keep the puck in the offensive zone, they simply did not stay here.

Lööf must get at least one, rather two matches. Dirty and stupid, as I prased the team after the match against Russia, that they did not allow themselves to be provoked and managed the match, so exactly the opposite today.

Yeah, man, looks likr Wallsted hid Askarov in this pocket.
Wallstedt simply stole the match for Sweden.

Slovakia has to stay in this game. it is only a matter of time before they score three or four goals and win. Now all they have to do is fix their head, the games are great.

Reactions: Czechboy

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
imo Dvorsky so far has looked like most 16 year olds who play in this tournament. He doesn't look out of place but not standing out. Not a bad thing at all, it's just an older players tournament

I think for 16yo he had a very good game. Couple of times backchecked all the way and tied up the stick to prevent an easy tap in the 1st period.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
One Slovak player I am most disappointed so far is Knazko.
It's his 3rd WJC. He had a strong performance at worlds in May. I expected he would take it to the next level. However I still see rookie mistakes and turnovers in his own zone, no urgency on PP, no slap shot.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
One Slovak player I am most disappointed so far is Knazko.
It's his 3rd WJC. He had a strong performance at worlds in May. I expected he would take it to the next level. However I still see rookie mistakes and turnovers in his own zone, no urgency on PP, no slap shot.
He’s a third rounder who has been stuck in Finland u20 for 3 years. It’s not all that surprising he hasn’t developed considerably. I remember how good Fehervary was as a 19 year old, he’s not that.
I’ve been pleasantly surprised by Petrovicky. He looked terrible in Norway u20 tourney but has arguably been better than Knazko and Stacha here so far.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Great game by Wall. Not a game Sweden should have won. Hope they loose the next game. They relax to much if they win every premedal game.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Win just thanks to Wallstedt, not many positive things were there. Perhaps only the first powerplay, it helped a lot. Usually in the Sweden-Slovakia match, the defenders make a difference in favor of the Swedes, but this was not the case today. Support from the defence was severly limited, so the Sewedes could not keep the puck in the offensive zone, they simply did not stay here.

Lööf must get at least one, rather two matches. Dirty and stupid, as I prased the team after the match against Russia, that they did not allow themselves to be provoked and managed the match, so exactly the opposite today.

Yeah, man, looks likr Wallsted hid Askarov in this pocket.
Wallstedt simply stole the match for Sweden.

Slovakia has to stay in this game. it is only a matter of time before they score three or four goals and win. Now all they have to do is fix their head, the games are great.

I missed the game, but apparently we spent 35 minutes on the PK compared to 8 for Slovakia. Hard to look good when you take that many penalties.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I missed the game, but apparently we spent 35 minutes on the PK compared to 8 for Slovakia. Hard to look good when you take that many penalties.
Well you know a 5+20 will do that. Also shot totals were a bit weird aswell Slovakia threw a bunch of stuff at the net they had no business throwing at the net. Lesson for them is to wait until they’ve got an actual scoring opportunity. Today there were just so many shots taken from far out without any real trafick in front. Cant do that against a keeper like Wallstedt.

Reactions: johan f

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Well you know a 5+20 will do that. Also shot totals were a bit weird aswell Slovakia threw a bunch of stuff at the net they had no business throwing at the net. Lesson for them is to wait until they’ve got an actual scoring opportunity. Today there were just so many shots taken from far out without any real trafick in front. Cant do that against a keeper like Wallstedt.
Maby they saw the fluky goals from Russia and hoped for the best.

Reactions: theslatcher

Janvonpobben

Sep 15, 2021
We need fabian lysell back badly. He must be ready to go vs US or it will be a loss.

Thank god that finishing 2nd is good enough to avoid canada or finland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad