GDT: WJC - Slovakia vs Switzerland, Dec.. 27, 2023

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
No. Shots were 14:6 Switzerland and Switzerland dominated period 1. Gajan was rock solid and I'm not sure his backups would have saved all shots. They're certainly not much better than Beglieri who gave up a goal despite having almost nothing to do just because he lost both his net and track of the puck. That would never happen to Gajan. He's the difference so far in this game. It's day 2 of the tournament. No way Gajan is tired already.

A lot of low danger shots from Switzerland as well though. And Reinhards attempt after Gajan was already beaten was pathetic. They need to show more killer instinct to get a goal next period.

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
Not a fan of PPs without one-timer options, feels so outdated. Would like to see more high danger chances from the Swiss. Aside from that though, they’re playing pretty smart and could totally get a win here

Reactions: Hinterland

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
A lot of low danger shots from Switzerland as well though. And Reinhards attempt after Gajan was already beaten was pathetic. They need to show more killer instinct to get a goal next period.

That's true. Most of them low danger shots. Still. Most of the play happened in front of Gajan which is tiring. Also, the goal Beglieri gave up wasn't really a chance either. The Slovaks got an empty net because he had no clue where his net or the puck were. Beglieri would have given up 2 or 3 at least in the other net.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I don't think Taibel has been any good since his injury. Same goes for Weber. Still wondering how healthy they are.
I only saw parts of the pereparation game vs Sweden and then the whole game vs Canada. In this last exhibition game he looked really good together with Müller. I hoped this would translate into the tournament. I havent really seen him play otherwise so I cant comment much about the injury.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Not a fan of PPs without one-timer options, feels so outdated. Would like to see more high danger chances from the Swiss. Aside from that though, they’re playing pretty smart and could totally get a win here

PP is horrible. Too stationary. The only one moving is Muller.

Reactions: Pieck

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
It takes forever to type on this site on mobile and feels like it slows my phone down even while using other apps lol, anyone else have this issue?

Yeah and mobile performance is getting worse with every update to the site. I think it's due to the ads but I'm not an expert.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
It takes forever to type on this site on mobile and feels like it slows my phone down even while using other apps lol, anyone else have this issue?

Try downloading brave on mobile. Someone else from this site told me about it and it's definitely much better.

Reactions: Pieck

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Swiss are outskating, outworking and badly outshooting the Slovaks so far despite the score and even then Swiss are lucky its not 2-0 with a short handed Penalty shot being saved.

Fun game.

Reactions: Mctavishthegoalie23

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I think they don't know anything about undrafted player who don't play in NA, they simply don't care I guess
That's probably it, but the guy is putting out draft lists every year.

Who's #10? He's got some speed.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
That's true. Most of them low danger shots. Still. Most of the play happened in front of Gajan which is tiring. Also, the goal Beglieri gave up wasn't really a chance either. The Slovaks got an empty net because he had no clue where his net or the puck were. Beglieri would have given up 2 or 3 at least in the other net.
A good spot by Dave Reid during the TSN brodcast's first intermission pointed out that Beglieri was actually tripped on the play by a Slovakian stick. It should have been a goaltender interference. Definitely not Beglieri's fault.

Reactions: Hinterland

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Braillard has been invisible today. Its definitely not what you need from one of your best offensive players.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
That's our good old frustrating-to-watch team that simply can not get anything into the back of the net...

Reactions: Speyer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad