GDT: WJC - Slovakia vs Switzerland, Dec.. 27, 2023

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I always expected a Slovakian win but also a tight game..as WJC games between those sides are almost always close affairs.

I'm pretty high on the Czech team though. I was unable to watch the game but based on today's result it will be interesting to see if the Swiss can still stay in touch or if the Slovaks can get a 2nd statement win in as many days.

Gajan gonna start back to back?

Reactions: Czechboy

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
I always expected a Slovakian win but also a tight game..as WJC games between those sides are almost always close affairs.

I'm pretty high on the Czech team though. I was unable to watch the game but based on today's result it will be interesting to see if the Swiss can still stay in touch or if the Slovaks can get a 2nd statement win in as many days.

It would be a surprise to me if the Swiss kept it close. Gajan will start i am quite sure.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005

I’d assume we see Urban

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I’d assume we see Urban
We'll see. There's a chance because it's a back to back but we're talking about games 1 and 2 of the tournament so Gajan should still be sharp. I'm not sure if Slovakia wants to risk that vs Switzerland but maybe the win vs Czechia gave them confidence to do so. I think that Gajan is the clear nr.1 though and I don't think Urban or Elias are actually any good. I think the only way Switzerland can win this game is if Gajan is rested. From a Slovakian perspective it would make more sense to rest their nr.1 vs Norway or USA.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Looks like the PP will be horrible this year once more. Really no excuse for sucking in a particular area of the game for so long.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Mysports app stream is lagging all the time and im 99% sure it isn‘t my internet connection just show the games on tv24

Reactions: Hinterland

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Swiss look stronger than I expected this year, and Slovakia is unsurprisingly impressive.

If Norway continues to play like they did vs USA, this "weak" group could be sneaky good.

Last edited:
Reactions: jj cale and Pieck

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
He has an impressive skating ability, hope to see him in the NHL
He seems to have really worked on his hands. I dont remember him being this skilled. He was the most notable forward for Switzerland by far. Taibel is looking a lot weaker though compared to the game vs Canada.

Reactions: SwissFan12

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Mistake going same goalie back to back?

No. Shots were 14:6 Switzerland and Switzerland dominated period 1. Gajan was rock solid and I'm not sure his backups would have saved all shots. They're certainly not much better than Beglieri who gave up a goal despite having almost nothing to do just because he lost both his net and track of the puck. That would never happen to Gajan. He's the difference so far in this game. It's day 2 of the tournament. No way Gajan is tired already.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
same here it is definitely not the internet connection and I also don't see why they don't show it on tv24...
Sucks i hope they figure this out it‘s very annoying. I think they want to promote the new app and therefore don‘t show the games on tv24 but just my guess

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
He seems to have really worked on his hands. I dont remember him being this skilled. He was the most notable forward for Switzerland by far. Taibel is looking a lot weaker though compared to the game vs Canada.

I don't think Taibel has been any good since his injury. Same goes for Weber. Still wondering how healthy they are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad