WJC SF: Jan 3 GDT - Canada vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

KariyaIsGod*

Joretus said:
Wow, referee is handing this game to Canada big time. First period Komarov hitting guy who is bending down--->penalty. Then canadian giving clear boarding to Tukonen--->No penalty. And then 2nd period Leinonen hardly even touching canadian in the front of net and ref gives penalty. Not even going to Rask call which was total biased if you are checking your referee books.

What about the Joenssue dive and the couple of soft calls on the Canadians?

It's going both ways.

Joretus

DrMoses said:
What about the Joenssue dive and the couple of soft calls on the Canadians?

It's going both ways.

Well of course that guy can't give ALL the time penalties just to Finland, so have to give some evening up to Canada. But when Finland had one chance to get 5vs3 ref had to call Komarov etc. That adding giving Canada so soft 5vs3 just show obvious. Not saying Canada wouldn't win otherwise since Finland wouldn't score anyway, but it's just sad that ref can't be good/fair.

edit:About something else. As Spitfire already did mention Rask don't have anything big problems with his rebounds. Generally not many of finnish have those problems. As you can watch Kipper and other finnish goalies since we don't have so good D clearing rebounds and goalie coaches do teach goalies different way than in N-America goalies are having quite good controlling.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Joretus said:
Well of course that guy can't give ALL the time penalties just to Finland, so have to give some evening up to Canada. But when Finland had one chance to get 5vs3 ref had to call Komarov etc. That adding giving Canada so soft 5vs3 just show obvious. Not saying Canada wouldn't win otherwise since Finland wouldn't score anyway, but it's just sad that ref can't be good/fair.

I just think he's a bad ref. I really don't think he's biased, he's just in over his head reffing at this level.

How could he not see the Fins with 8 players on the ice:dunno:

SChan*

not to take away anything to the fins, but i would rather seen canada-sweden.

Joretus

Psycho Papa Joe said:
I just think he's a bad ref. I really don't think he's biased, he's just in over his head reffing at this level.

How could he not see the Fins with 8 players on the ice:dunno:

Well lets put it this way, at least he is bad ref and over his head. Anyway as I did say it(althought he would be biased) won't be deciding factor since Finland can't score anyway.

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
SectionX said:
not to take away anything to the fins, but i would rather seen canada-sweden.

I'm a Finn and I agree with you. This game is awful. Sweden would have probably made the game more exciting. Oh well...

KariyaIsGod*

Joretus said:

edit:About something else. As Spitfire already did mention Rask don't have anything big problems with his rebounds. Generally not many of finnish have those problems. As you can watch Kipper and other finnish goalies since we don't have so good D clearing rebounds and goalie coaches do teach goalies different way than in N-America goalies are having quite good controlling.

Komarov hjammered someone well fafter the play had ended... What's wrong with that call?

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
OH MY MARRA! I what a hit! Not pretty but effective. Who got the assists on Letangs goal? Bourdon and who?

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Mr. Penguin said:
I'm a Finn and I agree with you. This game is awful. Sweden would have probably made the game more exciting. Oh well...

Sweden lost, so they probably would not have made this any better. And they are less physical than Finland.

Actually this game was not that bad in first two periods...now Finland is just too tired. Expected result, could have been a better game if both rested, but Canada deserves to win.

That boarding on Tukonen was brutal, should have been a penalty...but it's no surprise that the refs suck in these games.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
Pogge with an Assist. :biglaugh:

Pogge really gained a lot training with Belfour this summer, Eddie gave him pointers on handling the puck and it shows.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
Very good period by Canada. I think its a mixture of them picking it up and Finland tiring.

Look what happens when Cogliano actually shoots. He's a good player but just needs to shoot more.

Nice to see Latendresse playing more.

Still very impressed with Pogge's puckhandling ability. Best world junior Canadian goalie I've ever seen as far as handling the puck. He created that fourth goal.

MissCanuck

Apr 26, 2004
Quebec
Nice to flip to TSN and see 4-0. :yo:

Prior to just now... has Latendresse played since that one shift near the beginning of the game?

SChan*

psycho_dad said:
Sweden lost, so they probably would not have made this any better. And they are less physical than Finland.

just because we lost doesn't mean we were the worse team...I mean rask was invincible that night. I always love sweden-canada games. This one is at 4-0 and over.

no doubt that finland deserved to advance though since, well it's just like that.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
MissCanuck said:
Nice to flip to TSN and see 4-0. :yo:

Prior to just now... has Latendresse played since that one shift near the beginning of the game?

Yes. A couple of shifts. Had one scoring chance, but the puck was bouncing like mexican fleas.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Pogge got robbed here... Seriously Staal played great just like the whole Canada D, but Pogge was something else making big saves. Shouldn't have gone to Staal IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad