WJC SF: Jan 3 GDT - Canada vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
The Finns should avoid taking all the time penalties. They can't win the game from the penalty box.

But I think the canadiens are just too strong for the Finns. It was a nice success for them to reach the semifinal.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
This powerplay is just awful but Sutter won't make any changes! Why the heck is Cogliano glued to the bench? He had one poor giveaway a few games ago but he was one of the best forwards against the Americans. He's a dynamite powerplay player and Canada could really use his speed through the neutral zone. Instead, we get to watch Blunden and Toews dump the puck in and repeatedly fail to get to the puck first.

Worst of all, Cogliano is the one tha has drawn two powerplays with his hard work and he still hasn't been rewarded with some decent ice time.

Big Daddy

Dec 16, 2005
Petey Knights said:
Canada looks brutal. Huge game and they are going through the motions. Hard to watch.

They're saving up for the final with the US!! lol

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
Canada should thank their lucky stars they have this group of defensemen. They are simply carrying these guys. I'm also happy with the omarra line, heck Latendresse has played better than half of the forwards.

Why are they constantly shooting the puck in????? Why do this when the forwards are too bloody slow to get there in time???? And they still don't shoot. Specifically Downie and Cogliano. They never shoot. Downie has been great physically and on the penalty kill but this guy just doesn't have it offensively. He's soooooo slow on the stick handle, I've seen junior B guys who can stickhandle circles around this guy. They may as well play the Omarra line on the powerplay because these supposed "offensive" guys apparently don't know how to shoot the puck or stand in front of the goalie.

Joretus

Wow, referee is handing this game to Canada big time. First period Komarov hitting guy who is bending down--->penalty. Then canadian giving clear boarding to Tukonen--->No penalty. And then 2nd period Leinonen hardly even touching canadian in the front of net and ref gives penalty. Not even going to Rask call which was total biased if you are checking your referee books.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vic Rattlehead*

Canada has been lousy at faceoffs tonight.

PP has been BRUTAL.

Vic Rattlehead*

Ah, 2-0!!!!

Finally, they are working on the rebounds.

Bandwagoner

Nov 18, 2003
Canada
Visit site
shaner89 said:
Man the Leafs are going to be awesome in goal real soon. Rask is just amazing. Imagine he had some sort of defense?? because he has none now.

and he'll have some in Toronto???

(Sorry I just couldn't resist)

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Bandwagoner said:
and he'll have some in Toronto???

(Sorry I just couldn't resist)

Hey i understand that. But Toronto's defense is much better than Finlands. Finlands is AWFUL

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
I'd like to see Sutter put in Latendresse. He's had a couple of decent shifts and should be motivated. He should consider benching one of Toews, Pouliot or Blunden. These guys have done little to nothing. I don't understand what their problem is, maybe they just aren't gelling as a line. It'd be nice if Pouliot tried to do something other than just a toe drag. He's so obvious in his play.

They need to keep shooting on Rask. Clearly this kid lets out too many easy rebounds when you shoot low. That's how they scored the second goal. Do more of this instead of sitting there and waiting for a perfect pass.

They also can't looking for the backdoor pass all of the time on the powerplay. Mix things up.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
Thankyou Bobby Mackenzie. He just went off on the Pouliot line and said they should mix things up. This is exactly right. Put in guys that might actually shoot the puck and go to the net.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
expensivedirt said:
who scored the second goal ? :dunno:
Blake Comeau. He scored after Staal took a shot from the right side on Rask and Comeau got the rebound and shot it and Rask made a pad save and he banged home the 2nd attempt past Rask.

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
Everyone says Rask's rebounds are so horrible etc etc.....being a goalie and actually sitting here this game, his rebounds are not that bad. Its extremely hard to control shots off your pads in point blank range. Pad shots on any goalie are a good chance to score. People don't understand it's hard to direct shots and hold a rebound with it going off your pads. Up high (gloves) the puck should b directed into the corner or caught. If pucks are bouncing of blocker and chest right into the slot then work needs to be done. But personally i've rarely seen rask putting pucks off his chest and blocker into the slot. He's been quick, athletic, flexible and has the emotions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad