GDT: WJC: Russia Vs Switzerland | Dec 27th | 4:30 PM

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
PP needs to be streamlined for sure though. That whole overpassing approach already aggregated me last year. If you don't have the players for that you shouldnt do it. They need to get more pucks to the net.

They also had the wrong guys out there. Friggen Ritzmann for example. Just horrible coaching.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
How did Zubov get the gig in the first place. Is it names in a hat ? This was the guy that refused many times to even suit up for Team Russia as well. :thumbd:

Maybe we could swap coaches? We get Zubov and you get friggen Bayer and Albelin. Deal?:D

Cahokia

Sep 24, 2021
Russia had multiple grade A chances, the goalie saved it, there was a post as well
But if you count every Swiss scoring chance as a goal and disallow several Russian goals then it is actually a tie game. :sarcasm:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
So you disagree? Russians didn’t control the game?

They did but they did nothing with it. I saw zero effort or creativity. It was enough because they got goals gifted by poor goaltending and a ridiculous bounce as well as Switzerland hitting iron twice. Against any half decent opponent, Russia is gonna lose that game.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Maybe we could swap coaches? We get Zubov and you get friggen Bayer and Albelin. Deal?:D

If there's a retirement home for junior coaches they can all go together hand in hand. :laugh: They will never ever get to coach or should get to coach above this level. Makes you wonder about how many federations choose the incumbent because most appear completely unqualified to do so.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
They did but they did nothing with it. I saw zero effort or creativity. It was enough because they got goals gifted by poor goaltending and a ridiculous bounce as well as Switzerland hitting iron twice. Against any half decent opponent, Russia is gonna lose that game.

One goal was deflection, two goals were scored by forwards being basically face to face with the goalie. Zlodeyev's goal can probably be called bad and even then it's hard to say. Zlodeyev played really fast and smart on it.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
One goal was deflection, two goals were scored by forwards being basically face to face with the goalie. Zlodeyev's goal can probably be called bad and even then it's hard to say. Zlodeyev played really fast and smart on it.

It wasn't a Russian deflection, it was a lucky bounce off Garessus heel I think it was. So pure luck. The other three goals were softies given up by Pasche from impossible angle, caught five hole etc. Patenaude would have had all of those. Easily. Any half decent goalie would. Unfortunately, Switzerland probably doesn't have one with their starter out injured.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I thought same.. Didn't like the second goal at all but aother than that he was solid. Stylistically he looks like Askarov but is not as wild and has his hands higher to protect the top corners. I thought he was pretty good.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Team Russia under Zubov doesn't look much better to me than team Russia under Larionov. Tactically very bad, can't complete a passing play in the offensive zone to save their lives, the defense is porous and mistake-prone.

If I'm Zubov I run these guys absolutely ragged in practice until every play is executed to perfection. I also put all the best offensive forwards on three lines and give them the majority of icetime in remaining games. Svechkov should probably be reunited with Michkov and Khusnutdinov on the top line.

Reactions: DamonDRW

Janvonpobben

Sep 15, 2021
Also Bragin should come back and coach. Zubov was a great player and all, but it seems he is as bad as the swedish coach.

Reactions: DamonDRW

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Credit a much better performance today, even if against a different level of opposition. They were flying out there today, contr9lling the puck and directing a lot of shots on goal. That is a start. They match up well against Slovakia, and hopefully, they will have something in their kit for the USA. Good performances from Tyutnev, Svechkov, and, obviously, Michkov. Goaltending is scary, however!

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Credit a much better performance today, even if against a different level of opposition. They were flying out there today, contr9lling the puck and directing a lot of shots on goal. That is a start. They match up well against Slovakia, and hopefully, they will have something in their kit for the USA. Good performances from Tyutnev, Svechkov, and, obviously, Michkov. Goaltending is scary, however!

Lots of shot attempts but hardly any dangerous ones. Against Slovakia, what Russia did today won't do because unlike the Swiss, the Slovaks have proper goaltenders.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Team Russia under Zubov doesn't look much better to me than team Russia under Larionov. Tactically very bad, can't complete a passing play in the offensive zone to save their lives, the defense is porous and mistake-prone.

If I'm Zubov I run these guys absolutely ragged in practice until every play is executed to perfection. I also put all the best offensive forwards on three lines and give them the majority of icetime in remaining games. Svechkov should probably be reunited with Michkov and Khusnutdinov on the top line.
They refused to bring a lot of their best players.

solidaritypucks

Oct 25, 2019
Pretty obvious that Russia will play with more passion against USA/CAN/SWE/FIN than against the lowly swiss in RR.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
It is but they will be on the plane home by the fifth if they keep this up. Were they trying or are they this badly coached and a few bad selections. Michkov as usual stands out. Tyutnev and Svechkov as well for this game. The rest anonymous. Kirsanov and Novikov the less said the better. Mukhamadullin also pretty anonymous.
Well, the 2011 team started even worse yet won the gold, let’s see what happens next

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Lots of shot attempts but hardly any dangerous ones. Against Slovakia, what Russia did today won't do because unlike the Swiss, the Slovaks have proper goaltenders.

Slovaks play open hockey, no traps and other shit. Russia will score a lot on them. So the difference is going to be Russian defense and goalies vs Slovakian offense.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Pretty obvious that Russia will play with more passion against USA/CAN/SWE/FIN than against the lowly swiss in RR.

Ah, you mean the same passion they played with when losing vs Sweden? Yeah, the passion they showed there was mighty impressive.

Reactions: Speyer

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010

Funny that you should criticize the one Swiss player (the goaltender) who stood out, and kept the game close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad