GDT: WJC: Russia Vs Switzerland | Dec 27th | 4:30 PM

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Really? There is clearly an NHL-upside in Bichsel. And I wouldn't rule out Zanetti either.
I watched Fiala in 2014 play prior to being drafted and realized he was much better than basically everyone on the ice. I don't see that. The worst Russians look better than Bischel for what it's worth.

I know he's a good prospect, but there's 31 2nd round picks every year. Neither Zanetti or Bischel looking noticeable to be honest. I liked Fahrni the most this game from SUI.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I think this game is closer than the final score may suggest. Russia still controlled play for long stretches though.

They have the puck all the time yet did shit with it all game long. Not a single quality shot on net. Routine saves only for Pasche plus three softies given up and the random bounce on the 1st Russian goal.

Russia completely unable to create anything. If Switzerland had proper coaching and goaltending this game might look completely different.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I watched Fiala in 2014 play prior to being drafted and realized he was much better than basically everyone on the ice. I don't see that. The worst Russians look better than Bischel for what it's worth.

I know he's a good prospect, but there's 31 2nd round picks every year. Neither Zanetti or Bischel looking noticeable to be honest. I liked Fahrni the most this game from SUI.

Josi didn't much look better at all his U20 performances. Its all about upside not about being dominant at age 17. Especially for D-men.

Reactions: Get North

Janvonpobben

Sep 15, 2021
Michkov should have 3-4 points now if only other guys finish after his plays and set ups
Wasnt this russia suppose to be good? Only Michkov looks like a potent forward. What happend with your junior program?

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
That PP at the end was hilarious.

Down by two with 1:10 to go and they're just casually passing it around with zero sense of urgency.

I get that you're not the most talented team in the world but that was an absolutely embarrassing display to end the game.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010

The main question is not where the player is right now but where he can be in 5 years. Bichsel is still a little bit raw but he learn't a lot in Sweden and he'll be probably a much better player by the end of the season when he can play SHL.

Talking about 2nd rounders, I still don't get how Nashville could steal Josi in the 2nd round. :)

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
That PP at the end was hilarious.

Down by two with 1:10 to go and they're just casually passing it around with zero sense of urgency.

I get that you're not the most talented team in the world but that was an absolutely embarrassing display to end the game.

The "coaches" also didn't feel the need to put the best players on the ice so you shouldn't be surprised:laugh:

Reactions: TimeZone

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Wasnt this russia suppose to be good? Only Michkov looks like a potent forward. What happend with your junior program?

The next cohort are better. There is talent here. But a lack of discipline, focus and what to do. Some of the players on this team have better replacements not picked. Please tell me what Novikov is doing on the ice for instance. Should have brought Chayka, probably Mintyukov and Petrov. Especially as Matvei is a right hand shot too. This coaching staff as well....:laugh:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think this game is closer than the final score may suggest. Russia still controlled play for long stretches though.

Lol, Swiss played trap the whole game, and traps create problems to attackers, but take a lot of efforts and patience. No wonder we scored some goals, because opponents made mistakes. These are U20 kids after all.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
The "coaches" also didn't feel the need to put the best players on the ice so you shouldn't be surprised:laugh:

PP needs to be streamlined for sure though. That whole overpassing approach already aggravated me last year. If you don't have the players for that you shouldnt do it. They need to get more pucks to the net.

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
So Pasche gets best player for gifting Russia three goals? Amazing choice. The guy probably can't sleep all night thinking about why he got the award:laugh:

Clowning at its best:laugh:

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
It’s only second game ffs

It is but they will be on the plane home by the fifth if they keep this up. Were they trying or are they this badly coached and a few bad selections. Michkov as usual stands out. Tyutnev and Svechkov as well for this game. The rest anonymous. Kirsanov and Novikov the less said the better. Mukhamadullin also pretty anonymous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad