GDT: [WJC] Latvia vs. Finland, 6pm EST 9/8/22

Dec 25, 2020
Hill Country
The thing is Canada and USA usually don't make these kinds of mistakes game 1 of any tournament. Unless the team is just bad which happens. Lots of talent on this Finland team but I'm skeptical so far of whether they can put it all together.
Holy-Grail-3.gif

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It's not very important how badly a much stronger team defeats a weaker opponent.

It can be an indicator of how they gel though. If your gelling well early than you should be absolutely dunking on Latvia right now. Still two periods to go though so maybe they iron out the kinks soon and start dominating.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
It can be an indicator of how they gel though. If your gelling well early than you should be absolutely dunking on Latvia right now. Still two periods to go though so maybe they iron out the kinks soon and start dominating.

Agreed, give them a little more time before we need to start worrying about that.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Pretty common for Team Finland to progressively get better over the course of the tournaments, and the players never go all out vs the weakest competition. It's not like Team Canada that wants to win these games 18-0 or something.

Reactions: Zub and kendoman

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
The thing is Canada and USA usually don't make these kinds of mistakes game 1 of any tournament. Unless the team is just bad which happens. Lots of talent on this Finland team but I'm skeptical so far of whether they can put it all together.
Nah.

Finland is the #1 country internationally now, until proven otherwise. Wins championship after championship after championship.

Every other country is chasing them and has to prove themselves.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Pretty common for Team Finland to progressively get better over the course of the tournaments, and the players never go all out vs the weakest competition. It's not like Team Canada that wants to win these games 18-0 or something.

Yeah it's not like goals scored isn't one of the tiebreakers.

If you can run up the score you do. This isn't peewee house league.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Nah.

Finland is the #1 country internationally now, until proven otherwise. Wins championship after championship after championship.

Every other country is chasing them and has to prove themselves.
Canada is doing the same thing, winning WJCs,WHC's, under 18's on a regular basis, Finland isn't dominating these things.

We aren't chasing you, unless you think that last olympic gold is the tie breaker, and we all know what that tournament was.

you aren't the clear cut number 1 team internationally by a long shot.

Reactions: Bolting85

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Yeah it's not like goals scored isn't one of the tiebreakers.

If you can run up the score you do. This isn't peewee house league.
Well I'm just telling you how it is, I can't exactly affect it.

Me saying that that's what team Finland's like isn't me saying that that's optimal.

DeeQ

Apr 1, 2017
Is the Hockey Canada scandal affecting the attendance? There are like two people in the stands

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
The #1 hockey nation question will be answered, briefly, if/when we finally have an actual best-on-best competition.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
You're kidding yourself if you see Finland having the same intensity vs a country like Sweden and Canada in comparison to a country like Latvia.

Every team brings A+ intensity every game in a 1 off tournament. Complacency is next to losing.

Is the Hockey Canada scandal affecting the attendance? There are like two people in the stands

Latvia vs. Finland isn't exactly a big draw in round robin play.

Reactions: Bolting85

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I missed the 1st and some of the 2nd walking the doggos. Is Latvia playing decently, or is that shot count flattering to their play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad