GDT: WJC, Jan 2: US vs. Latvia, 5:00 p.m. local, 11:00 a.m. EST

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
I'll take a goal and a crossbar in the 1st period vs. the US.

I think 2 of the goals were scored against the Latvian 4th line and they might not see a lot of action later in the game. We're immediately stuck in our own zone when they're on the ice.

The Locmelis-Vilmanis line really stood their ground and could have scored 2.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Three solid chances by Vilmanis-Locmelis in a single period, including the goal. Let's hope we can survive the next 20 minutes, avoiding getting into blowout zone.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
4-1... hope fading in the distance.

My GF just made a comment about Button going on about the US and all their touches. I may need a new keyboard and definitely need more coffee. :biglaugh:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Finland barring the Swedes getting upset. Seeding is done by points in the prelims
Gotcha. So USA-Finland and Sweden-Czech unless Switzerland shocks the home team and then it’s USA-Switzerland and Czech-Finland.

Reactions: MTU34

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Should be this teams all situations undisputed #1
Completely agreed, he's very clearly the team's best all around defenseman. His gaps are so incredibly tight, it's unbelievable. He gives the opposition very little room to even receive a pass, let alone make a play, and he's able to do it without getting beat. And obviously his puck movement is all world.

He makes the game look so effortless.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Completely agreed, he's very clearly the team's best all around defenseman. His gaps are so incredibly tight, it's unbelievable. He gives the opposition very little room to even receive a pass, let alone make a play, and he's able to do it without getting beat. And obviously his puck movement is all world.

He makes the game look so effortless.
Will the devils keep or trade him? They seem overloaded with defense right now and he may be their best trade chip.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Will the devils keep or trade him? They seem overloaded with defense right now and he may be their best trade chip.
They need to keep him and move Hamilton as soon as they are able to. But if we needed to, we could slot him in over Smith/Miller today.

Hughes - Nemec
Bahl - Marino
Siegenthaler - Casey
Hamilton

Casey is actually capable of playing forward as well, so we could just run 7 D with the ability to let him run as a playmaking winger

Reactions: hn777

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
He's a guy who needs to play with a line driver, but if he has one, the skill, vision, and shot are all huge compliments. It's why he's an excellent fit with Nazar IMO.
If he is able to fast track, he could be just what the Lightning need to ride shotgun with their aging stars and maybe keep that window pried open a bit.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad