GDT: WJC, Jan. 2: Sweden vs. Switzerland, 7:30 p.m. local, 1:30 p.m. EST

Feb 20, 2013
Some uncharacteristic giveaways left a tired Swedish third line and third pair on for that goal against. Nice read by Dionicio to step up on Stenberg initially, and Havelid slow getting back into the play to pick up Hornecker arriving in the slot for the shot.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I wanted to say the puck over that glass penalty to Beglieri was a bad luck to Switzerland but then I realized that the Swedes hit the post 4 times (if I counted that right) before.

Still, what is quite interesting is the scarcity of penalties in the QF games. In the Canada - Czechia game, there was only a single penalty to Czechia, none to Canada. Now we had 3 penalties to Switzerland so far (I believe). One was for too many men on the ice and two were for puck over the glass. No penalty to Sweden. The refs have been really tolerant not only to hipchecks and other plays which might be assessed interference but also to minor hooks which might be called penalties as well. Interesting to see because the recent trend has been very strict especially on hooking and tripping with the stick.

Reactions: matsqq

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I wanted to say the puck over that glass penalty to Beglieri was a bad luck to Switzerland but then I realized that the Swedes hit the post 4 times (if I counted that right) before.

Still, what is quite interesting is the scarcity of penalties in the QF games. In the Canada - Czechia game, there was only a single penalty to Czechia, none to Canada. Now we had 3 penalties to Switzerland so far (I believe). One was for too many men on the ice and two were for puck over the glass. No penalty to Sweden. The refs have been really tolerant not only to hipchecks and other plays which might be assessed interference but also to minor hooks which might be called penalties as well. Interesting to see because the recent trend has been very strict especially on hooking and tripping with the stick.

It's hardly ever bad luck. Lack of focus I'd say. Brainfarts. Refs have been good. I haven't seen any outraging foul plays so you let the kids play. The Swiss only have themselves to blame for the three penalties they took. Might as well cost them the game.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
It's hardly ever bad luck. Lack of focus I'd say. Brainfarts. Refs have been good. I haven't seen any outraging foul plays so you let the kids play. The Swiss only have themselves to blame for the three penalties they took. Might as well cost them the game.

I am not arguing agains the refs. I think it is good they have been quite tolerant in today's QF games.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Finally a good game from Braillard, widely expected to be Switzerland's most dangerous forward. Seems like the demotion actually helped him. Him and Simon Meier are clicking. Lots of good shifts.

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
I missed part of some of the group games, but aside from the Finland game, this team did not have shaky vibes to this degree in my opinion. I was hoping for the Canada fail to galvanize this team, but instead they are trying to replicate that team.

Also, no hate on the commentators, but please stop the "home team nerves" shit. It's like when people blame canadian nhl fanbases for "scaring away their players.

I almost went to this game. Good thing my friends don't have to put up with me now.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00