GDT: WJC, Jan 2: Finland vs. Slovakia, 12:00 p.m. local, 6:00 a.m. EST

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
This has been far and away the most evenly matched game of the tournament. Both teams trading blows. The US - Czechia and Sweden - Finland games that went the distance didn't feel nearly as close as this one.
And it shouldn't have been. Finland is mediocre with no good players.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Wow... Congrats Finland. Lose to germany and everyone questioned you. First team in semis and you are on a great streak!

Sorry, Slovakia. Back to back OT quarter eliminations. Shame no Slaf or Nemec. This was a gold age group.

Sisu...

king89

Dec 4, 2018
Thank you Lassila! Bit sad for the Slovakians, you had a great team. Still gotta be happy for our boys. Everything is possible now that we're in the semis!
We have not been playing well but somehow we're scraping results. Proud of the boys!

Reactions: FinJetster

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
I thought it would be Finland against winner of Switzerland and Sweden , but apparently they go by ranking in the semifinals so it might as well be USA-Finland (if Canada and Sweden wins for instance)

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Our record against Slovakia is super good so I'd say we kinda got lucky facing them. Still figured Slovakia would win so I'm pleasantly surprised. Not impressed with the Finnish team at all and yet we are top 4 again..

Kinda feels bad for the Slovaks though, good game.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Pretty bad to be honest.

Please fire everyone behind the bench, just a terrible result for Slovak hockey. Also Honzek was a no show this entire tournament and Misiak has zero hockey IQ. Like come on.
Fin goalie was garbage. Gajan was very good.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
I feel for Slovakians, stay strong it's just hockey. Small bounces and luck play a huge role in a short tournament like this. I think with Nemec and Slaf Slovakia gets a medal. But this is just how it goes, you don't always get all your best players for international tournaments. Anyway I doubt finns get past USA anyway, if you ain't first you're last.

Reactions: Jukurit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad