GDT: WJC, Jan 2: Finland vs. Slovakia, 12:00 p.m. local, 6:00 a.m. EST

WayTooCold

Jun 9, 2023
SVK was medal worthy in this tournament. Somebody wins and somebody loses. Canada will win it all mostly probably but let's see

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Holy f***ing Jesus.
I couldn't ever believe or expect that Finland advances to Semifinals in these U20 WJC's.

But once again our boys proved doubters wrong and that's great.
Lauri Mikkola has got fire under his ass to prove that he's not a nobody coach.

I don't know how that change has been possible but maybe he's readed of these messages in here
and saw that how much shit and crap he's gotten and decided to change himself.

Of course the official final judgement comes after the tournament.
But lets enjoy now when there's 2 games left.

And all Slovakian fans i wanna say this.
Your team was very good and capable to compete for the medals.
But maybe those injuries and miss Slafkovsky and Nemec was a bit too much for you guys this time.

Don't be sad and don't cry too even the losing hurts now.
Be proud of your boys they did what they could and they really forced us to deserve semifinal spot.

The future of Slovakian hockey looks promising.
I hope the better IIHF tournaments are still coming for you sooner than later.

See you in U18 WJC's in Espoo.
Dakujeme Slovensko.
Thank you Slovakia.

Last edited:

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
A MASSIVE victory for Finland and a massive achievement to this age class. What a goal by Lassila, that's how captain should play!

And let's not forget Naukkis Naukkarinen! Lot of dirty work in this game and almost scored a goal. I hope the rest of the team grows for the semifinal, like Naukkarinen did for this.

Two more games like this, Lassila and Naukkarinen won't go undrafted next summer.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
A MASSIVE victory for Finland and a massive achievement to this age class. What a goal by Lassila, that's how captain should play!

And let's not forget Naukkis Naukkarinen! Lot of dirty work in this game and almost scored a goal. I hope the rest of the team grows for the semifinal, like Naukkarinen did for this.

Two more games like this, Lassila and Naukkarinen won't go undrafted next summer.
Add Männistö on that group.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Salty loss in an even game. Expected a bit more from us tbh, I think the roster was there to medal, even to gold in one of these years if stars would align. There was definitely a bit more to be desired from this age group with plenty of talent. Things just didn't always go our way.

For me it's a failing grade to the coaching staff around Fenes. Excited nonetheless by the individuals likely making NHL teams and hopefully we'll get to see this generation in a senior international tournament with best on bet one day.

Reactions: menjek

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Salty loss in an even game. Expected a bit more from us tbh, I think the roster was there to medal, even to gold in one of these years if stars would align. There was definitely a bit more to be desired from this age group with plenty of talent. Things just didn't always go our way.

For me it's a failing grade to the coaching staff around Fenes. Excited nonetheless by the individuals likely making NHL teams and hopefully we'll get to see this generation in a senior international tournament with best on bet one day.
It wasn't salty loss on you guys.
Actually it was close loss in 1 goal game which could've easily go other way too.

You guys didn't play bad game but we were better this time.
Maybe in U18 WJC's in Espoo you guys win us never say never remember this.

Thanks for exciting and even game.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad