GDT: WJC, Jan 2: Finland vs. Slovakia, 12:00 p.m. local, 6:00 a.m. EST

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
This once again reinforces my belief that periods should end at the next whistle and not when the clock runs out.

flemo

Jan 7, 2010
What's going on? Can't watch. Working.
SVK scored goal after faceoff 1.7 seconds before period end. Faceoff, shot, rebound and goal. There was a clock shown during replay showing end of period before second shot. However, after review the ref announced that puck has crossed the line with 0.2 second left to play, therefore good goal.

Reactions: Slimmy

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
I'm watching on Rds (Quebec tv) and the replay we got showed that Sykora scored after the period was over. I've not seen the replay that shows the goal is good, is it the same for you guys?

I think everyone uses TSN feed

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
I am confused. You could clearly hear the buzzer go before the puck was in. Is it because there is a small delay in the sound of the TSN feed or what??

EDIT: I mean delay in the video, not sound.

Last edited:

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
Out of curiosity, what are you basing Kokko being the better goalie on? His Liiga numbers are practially identical to Vali’s and their styles are so different you can’t really draw a comparison on those alone.
Their numbers aren’t practically identical. Not even close.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
I have seen this happen many times before. The TV broadcast clock is not sync with real clock

But if it is.... Adam Sykora might become the first player to ever score a goal during intermission :D

Reactions: CaptainShark

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Good goal obviously. The explanation is probably that the clock was started too quickly on the graphics, before the puck was actually in play after face-off.

Reactions: Slimmy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad