WJC Group A: Dec 28 GDT - Canada vs. Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
Well so far Boyd, Omarra, Pyatt, Bertram, Downie have played quite well. Toews is a keeper.

They need a little more from the Comeau line I think. They've not been bad but just not great. I think they'll pick it up for the US.

Why is Latendresse on this team again????? I'm still baffled that this kid somehow almost made the Canadiens. I've seen him play about 8 times and he just seems to vanish for large periods of time. He hasn't done squat in these 2 games and seems to have played himself into the 13th forward role. This kid just doesn't have what it takes imo. If he doesn't pick it up he'll be bench warming the rest of the tournament.

Cogliano----SHOOT THE PUCK!! He's a fantastic talent but at least 3 times tonight he should've shot and looked pass first.

Staal and Parent have been very impressive. They are the go to pair for this tournament, there is no doubt.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
AlexCvm said:
Now that we know we can't rely on Pogge, I hope we can score lots of goals.

??? What the hell are you talking about? He didn't even see that shot, none of the 5 on the ice in front of him were working hard at all to get the puck out. He's made some great saves to keep Canada ahead.

espo*

Aaron Vickers said:
One thing I've noticed thus far with Pogge in net is that all three goals that have beaten him in the tournament, he's seen none of them.

Canada has to do a better job of clearing the shooting lane so that Pogge can see these shots.
Bingo.Absolutely.Try this not clearing the net stuff with the Russians and Americans and see how we make out.Not too good.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
El_Scoobo said:
Pogge did not look good on that goal. Hopefully he bounces back. I suppose that's what happens when goalies don't get that much action.

One thing Pogge is stellar at is making key saves when going long periods of time without a shot on goal.

He's lived it all season with Calgary.

I am not worried at all about Canada's goaltending. He cannot stop what he cannot see, at least, not all the time.

AlexCvm

Jun 27, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Sure, there was a lot of traffic in front of the net, but great goalies always find a way to see shots.

Pogge looked unconfortable on some shots. Great saves? what are YOU talking about?

Anyway, he's the best goalie we have, I'm not saying he should not be there.

LeafErikson

Schwifty 24/7
Jun 23, 2004
Victoria B.C.
AlexCvm said:
Sure, there was a lot of traffic in front of the net, but great goalies always find a way to see shots.

Pogge looked unconfortable on some shots. Great saves? what are YOU talking about?

So he should have x ray vision? :shakehead

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
AlexCvm said:

Guess you missed the back to back ones earlier in the game. Great goalies find ways to see shots?!? haha... guess he should have cleared the players by himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad