WJC Group A: Dec 28 GDT - Canada vs. Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
10-0, 8-1, 6-1, 8-1,.......

Yours forcasts aren't very good. I hope you'll remind this for the next game vs Switzerland. When i have seen this, i was very dissapointed with the toughts from the canadians or others against the swiss team.

The true: we have not a team like the canadians, but we always play with a great heart, and too with some trumps like skating, tactic or technical. We're a little country who would deserve one point in this game. Congratulations for Canada.

And do you know that Berra is the no2 goalie behind Genoni? This 2 goalies play with the same team (GKL Lions). Strange.

Last edited:

Platapie

Oct 25, 2004
While I enjoy the winning by a large margin, that was one of the best games of hockey I've seen in a fair while-- that building was electric in the third.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Nash said:
Aside from a couple of plays, Barker was by far our worst defenseman tonight. Sutter should play Pokoluk tomorrow and sit Barker and send him a message to wake the hell up. Canada needs to shoot the puck. That was just a horrible game. The officiating is no excuse because he called it bad both ways.

What game were you watching? Barker played a pretty good game I thought. Had two points, one of them a beauty pass from blue line to blueline. I`m sick of hearing that Barker is overrated simply because he isn`t all flash and dash. He was by far the best canadian defenseman with the puck, kept it simple and made plays. If they are going to sit anyone, sit bourdon. The guy has got skills, but he is trying to do to much. He has to simplify his game.

Macman

May 15, 2004
There's usually always one wakeup call per tournament. This game was it for Canada. I'm already feeling sorry for Norway.

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
Macman said:
There's usually always one wakeup call per tournament. This game was it for Canada. I'm already feeling sorry for Norway.

Canada will not run up the score on norway.

Vic Rattlehead*

monster_bertuzzi said:
Are James Duthie, Pierre Mcguire, and Bob Mckenzie on crack when they suggest Jonathan Toews could surpass Phil Kessel in the draft? Horrible game for Toews.
Toews wasn't that bad. He had some good chances.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
TransportedUpstater said:
Maybe it's because I'm a Cornell alum and hockey fan, but based on what I've seen, I would never let Pokulok on my national team...

Yeah, I've been wondering how he made the team, especially with how much Sutter doesn't seem to like him either.

langdak

Dec 13, 2005
Langley, BC
Hart_House_Ca said:
Canada will not run up the score on norway.

Dont count on it

If both Canada and the US go into saturdays game 3-0, and the game ends up in a tie, the first tiebreaker is goals for/goals against

Right now Canada is +5, the US is +10

I am sure that the boys will not back off if they know there is a possible tie breaker there

Just my 2 cents on things

AgentNaslund*

Tb0ne said:
Switzerland played pretty well from what I saw, better than I expected, which is great to see.

thats a good thing. This will only push our already good hard working team, even to work harder. I thought we played pretty good, could have been 6 or7 goals. We outskated them, out hitted them, out played them, the officiating wasnt that great also. But yea. Its good. I good wake up call is what this team needs.

mymkovski

Aug 16, 2004
2 Things: 1) The Game and 2) The Crowd

I was at the game, and here are my thoughts:

1) The Game

Sure Canada looked flat out there in the 1st period. The Swiss came out strong. They were pressuring Canada everywhere. They were very aggressive, and that was especially noticeable when the Swiss were on the PK. They were very effective in preventing Canada from ever setting up on the PP. The Swiss played a very disciplined (i don't mean not taking penalties) game. I don't think Canada expected it.

At times Canada looked very impressive with some solid shifts from time to time. When Canada is playing at its best, they really look good out there. Pogge doesn't overly impress me that much, but he looked alright out there. The 2nd goal that he apparently didn't see, he should have seen, as it appeared he was a little out of position.

I fully expect Canada to come out flying in the 1st against Norway to set a tone. They need a big hit/goal right off the bat to show everyone that we're here to play.

2) The Crowd

This is my 3rd World Jrs that I've attended ('99 in Winnipeg, '05 in Grand Forks, and '06 here in Vancouver).

Obviously out of the three, Winnipeg was head and shoulders above either of the other two. However, disappointingly the Grand Forks crowds at only 11,000+ in attendance (capacity) were much louder than the 1st 2 Canada game crowds this year. I don't know what it is, but the crowd isn't fully in the game it seems. They react to all the right things in the game, but they aren't that loud about it. Even the goals, the crowd gets loud, but for only 10 seconds...not full minutes as was the case in Grand Forks and Winnipeg. Maybe its something to do with NHL-starved fans in Winnipeg. Another significant example is when Canada comes out for the start of the game/period. Its practically DEAD. The announcer fails to announce "here is Team Canada"...so then the cheers get slowly louder as they all notice Team Canada comes out...oh well.

I attended the Canucks-Nashville crowd immediately after the Canada game last night, and the Canucks game blew the Canada game out of the water. Perhaps Vancouver is Canucks country and is having a difficult time getting as intense for Team Canada. I'm hoping for a ROWDY Can-USA crowd as well as the medal round.

I don't know if any arena will ever reach the sound levels the Winnipeg Arena reached, that entire tournament was absolutely ridiculous.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
mymkovski said:
2) The Crowd

This is my 3rd World Jrs that I've attended ('99 in Winnipeg, '05 in Grand Forks, and '06 here in Vancouver).

Obviously out of the three, Winnipeg was head and shoulders above either of the other two. However, disappointingly the Grand Forks crowds at only 11,000+ in attendance (capacity) were much louder than the 1st 2 Canada game crowds this year. I don't know what it is, but the crowd isn't fully in the game it seems. They react to all the right things in the game, but they aren't that loud about it. Even the goals, the crowd gets loud, but for only 10 seconds...not full minutes as was the case in Grand Forks and Winnipeg. Maybe its something to do with NHL-starved fans in Winnipeg. Another significant example is when Canada comes out for the start of the game/period. Its practically DEAD. The announcer fails to announce "here is Team Canada"...so then the cheers get slowly louder as they all notice Team Canada comes out...oh well.

I attended the Canucks-Nashville crowd immediately after the Canada game last night, and the Canucks game blew the Canada game out of the water. Perhaps Vancouver is Canucks country and is having a difficult time getting as intense for Team Canada. I'm hoping for a ROWDY Can-USA crowd as well as the medal round.

I don't know if any arena will ever reach the sound levels the Winnipeg Arena reached, that entire tournament was absolutely ridiculous.
The crowd is driving me nuts. They are supposed to be the 6th man for Canada but they have been flat. Winnipeg was insane and I thought Vancouver could get close to Winnipeg because they have more people in the building but it isn't even close. The game against the Finns I thought it would be nuts but it wasn't loud at all. However, the game against the US I think will be way louder than the first two games so far. If it isn't Vancouver might have a hard time getting the Juniors back.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Aaron Vickers said:
The Oilers must be salivating right now.

Cogliano will never shoot.

Schremp always shoots.

With Cogliano's passing and playmaking skills and Schremp's lethal shot, the Oilers powerplay could be among the tops in the league a few years down the road.

Hemsky never shoots.
Torres always shoots.

Hey, we're balanced! :D

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
swisdan said:
10-0, 8-1, 6-1, 8-1,.......

Yours forcasts aren't very good. I hope you'll remind this for the next game vs Switzerland. When i have seen this, i was very dissapointed with the toughts from the canadians or others against the swiss team.

The true: we have not a team like the canadians, but we always play with a great heart, and too with some trumps like skating, tactic or technical. We're a little country who would deserve one point in this game. Congratulations for Canada.

And do you know that Berra is the no2 goalie behind Genoni? This 2 goalies play with the same team (GKL Lions). Strange.
Great game by the Swiss i seem to remember always having to battle against the Germans also. Your goalie played great. Now just play that good against the US. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad