WJC Group A: Dec 28 GDT - Canada vs. Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetterberg4Captain*

Dustin Boyd with his 3rd goal of the tourny. Shot from the point rebounded to Boyd and he banged it in. 2-1 Canada.

espo*

Aaron Vickers said:
Boyd knocks in a rebound to make it 2-1.

I have a feeling Boyd may be the heart and soul of this team.
You're not the only one with that feeling.He's an opportuinist and works damn hard too.

Zetterberg4Captain*

WOW this is a brutal ref. He has made tons of questionable calls but at least he is calling it both ways.

Hockeycanada*

Why does this ref have a job? He is terrible. Pierre and Gord were mentioning that we was also terrible at the U18's last year.

Westcoasthabsfan

Aug 22, 2004
In Pandoras Box
I hope that Sutter chews out most of the players after that first period.... enough of the fancy behind the back high percentages passes etc... just shoot and drive to the net and the goals will come

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
he has a job beacuse he works for the IIHF.... and we all know how "good" the refs are in international hockey, lol..... what a complete and utter joke.... how the IIHF can look at this tournament and not fire each and every one of the refs is beyond me..... all three games ive watched have had some of the worst refereeing ive ever seen in hockey at any level ..... but im getting used to that for IIHF tournaments (outside of the olympics of course)

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Not a good period by Canada. Switzerland played very well. Their goalie is amazing. He made a couple of great saves.

I will be furious if this ref is reffing the game between Canada and the USA.

Slangston

Buffalo Sabres
Apr 3, 2003
Western New York
Aaron Vickers said:
"Bergler goes down like a free beer at a frat party."
-Pierre McGuire

People can say all the negative things they want about Pierre McGuire, but you gotta admit...He delivers some great lines every now and then.

I've never had a problem with him, and I actually think we need more individuals like Piere in hockey.

espo*

Only one line going really right now.Of course,with the amount of penalties being called it isn't easy for players to get in a groove.

espo*

Slangston_Hughes said:
People can say all the negative things they want about Pierre McGuire, but you gotta admit...He delivers some great lines every now and then.

I've never had a problem with him, and I actually think we need more individuals like Piere in hockey.
I'm not sure,one may be enough.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
A pretty sloppy period by Canada but with the amount of penalties called the game really had no flow whatsoever. Downie was arguably the best player on the ice in the period. Is it just me or is it a lot quiter in Vancouver than it was in Halifax, Winnipeg, etc. Hopefully the second period will actually have some flow to it and more time 5-on-5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad