PGT: WJC Gold Medal Game | Finland Win Gold Over USA 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
disallowed goal or not, Finland played well enough to win. Sucks for our guys but it wasn't a cheap victory.

Reactions: SI90

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
All that said, this game was as close as it can get really.

U.S definitely have the program to grow their players. I'm truly jealous Finland has no funding to do the same.

Maybe Selänne should sell off a few of his cars and donate that money? /sarcasm

Reactions: Loffer

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Congrats Finland.

Enjoy your medal Canada....oh wait.

So this comment starts out classy then just devolves into a pathetic one.

In case you haven't noticed Canada has a gold medal in the tournament more recently than the US does. Canada has been to 3 of the past 5 gold medal games taking 2 golds and a silver and easily could have been 3 golds if it weren't for a shootout loss in the 2017 final. We're doing quite fine, can't win every year.

Are you really attempting to brag to Canadians over a silver medal? lol.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
If your best junior players routinely lose to the best junior players of other nations, how do you expect that to translate into the future when the current wave of top Canadian players retire? USA and Finland are both on their way to being better hockey countries. That's just a fact.

I'm not sure, perhaps due to the fact that half of the current scoring leaders in the NHL are Canadian? The oldest of the bunch being 24 years old. Get a grip dude, player development doesn't end at 19...I'll take a players performance at 23 in the NHL over their performance in a tournament like this where 80% of the players involved will never even become NHL regulars.

Embarrassing reply.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Conthedon

Jan 5, 2019
Nah, we don't have those.

But remember to leave your guns to your kids at home, you can't bring those here.

Quite funny.

Just read that Finland has the most guns and rifles per capita in the world.

Me not being able to bring my assault rifle and tank with me sound pretty insane after reading that.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
He was far from invisible and had the most scoring chances tonight while not connecting he was still busting his ass and at the right place at the right time most of the game. His only lackluster game was the semi final apr from that he was excellent
0 points in 3 knockout games. scored 4 points in a loss in the round robin so player of the tournament apparently.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad