PGT: WJC Gold Medal Game | Finland Win Gold Over USA 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Im studying my options in finland. How is Helsinki? Looks like a funny small town with actual houses. Do you get stable electricitu there? How about internet and hot water?

Btw, big congratulations Finland! Better team took the gold! USA choked on the PP badly. Good come back in the third but not good enough.
Nah, we don't have those.

But remember to leave your guns to your kids at home, you can't bring those here.

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
If you think Canada would give a **** about "winning" anything other than gold you're delusional. We'll continue our best on best dominance. Stay salty.

If your best junior players routinely lose to the best junior players of other nations, how do you expect that to translate into the future when the current wave of top Canadian players retire? USA and Finland are both on their way to being better hockey countries. That's just a fact.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Im studying my options in finland. How is Helsinki? Looks like a funny small town with actual houses. Do you get stable electricitu there? How about internet and hot water?

Btw, big congratulations Finland! Better team took the gold! USA choked on the PP badly. Good come back in the third but not good enough.
No cell phones or anything and hot water only in saunas.

Reactions: Loffer and Luolis

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
keller and mittelstadt were soooo much better tho. poehling has been invisible for most of the tournament. if u have to give it to an american forward at least give it to chmeleski. he at least put up stats in the knock out rounds.

He was far from invisible and had the most scoring chances tonight while not connecting he was still busting his ass and at the right place at the right time most of the game. His only lackluster game was the semi final apr from that he was excellent

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I guess we can take some solace in the fact that we gave Suomi their toughest game in the playoff rounds.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Finland deserved to win. Great tournament for them. I’m proud of the USA boys. That disallowed goal will leave a bad taste in my mouth. Changes the dynamic of the whole game.
It’s not like team USA dominated play though so maybe Finland ends up winning anyway. Good game.

Oh god, here we go. Headed back to Nam.

tenor.gif

Reactions: SI90

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I think it went exactly as the script was set to be. Finland will win in OT or with a clutch goal by a player that hasn't really showed up yet during the tournament. (2014 Ristolainen, 2016 Kapanen). Now Kakko wasn't bad in this tournament, but not really a difference maker either before now. In that sense it fits.

Still funny to think that few days ago we were 1 minute from dropping out in the semis and ready to crucify our coach and our top players, some turnaround.

Reactions: Loffer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland