PGT: WJC Gold Medal Game | Finland Win Gold Over USA 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
I blame reffing, but second behind the team just not showing up to play. However, had the goal counted (which it SHOULD have), the US would have had a 1-0 lead and things may have played out much differently. We'll never know because they got royally screwed on that call. It's whatever. Silver is better than finishing #6.

You think they play in NHL?

Conthedon

Jan 5, 2019
Im studying my options in finland. How is Helsinki? Looks like a funny small town with actual houses. Do you get stable electricitu there? How about internet and hot water?

Btw, big congratulations Finland! Better team took the gold! USA choked on the PP badly. Good come back in the third but not good enough.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
What medal did your country get pretty sure its less than what the USA got.

My team always gets great Finnish players to play for them.
Selanne , Numminen , Jokinen & Laine.

We even go to Finland to play NHL games.
We love Finland!

Congrats to Finland on the well deserved gold!!!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Mestaruus

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I blame reffing, but second behind the team just not showing up to play. However, had the goal counted (which it SHOULD have), the US would have had a 1-0 lead and things may have played out much differently. We'll never know because they got royally screwed on that call. It's whatever. Silver is better than finishing #6.
You didn’t have to throw that last part in, lol. We should have been playing you tonight. The puck luck for us this tournament...I’m gonna be having nightmares for months.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Finland deserved to win. Great tournament for them. I’m proud of the USA boys. That disallowed goal will leave a bad taste in my mouth. Changes the dynamic of the whole game.
It’s not like team USA dominated play though so maybe Finland ends up winning anyway. Good game.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Hol up.... half of Finland’s population plays hockey? Those numbers must be off or Finland would have the best team at every level in the world and Canadian/American junior players would leave NA to play in Finland in what would be the most amazing junior league to ever exist. That would be something

I dream of a land where 50% of the population plays hockey.

:)

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
No kidding. I seriously wonder how long we can be saying this, though. Kakko in 2019, Lundell in 2020, Raty in 2021...some serious top forward talent getting set to join some fantastic young defencemen.

It’s weird how going forward, goaltending might be Finland’s weakness. Say that a decade or two ago and you’d be laughed off of here

Yah for sure. Finland does have a bright future. I remember how deadly their goalie tandems were.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad