GDT: WJC: Germany vs Czech Republic | Dec 27th | 7PM

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
James Duthie - Czechoslovakia had a 20 game win streak over Germany here but now Germany has a 2 game win streak against Czechoslovakia...

I'm assuming he is referring to a win over the Czechs 2 years ago and a win over the Slovaks recently.

Seriously!!???

is it that hard for people to not see the difference between our 2 nations? Use Czechoslovakia results in 2022? Am I the only one that knows the difference between Hossa and Jagr?lol And I say this loving my Slovaks and hoping they win later. It's 2022!

To keep it simple.. they currently have the better prospects and nicer jerseys!

He was struggling to draw a parallel there and it just flopped.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Kos almost accidentally kciked it in... as I type this, another Czech D is hurt... we may have 4.

Wonder if Mysak can play D?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Czech 17 with a quetstionable hit from behind...

7da2fd2f31c6b17bae4599eb48dedf97.jpg

Who Chlubna's ya baby?

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Urban with a partial chance.. loses it. The Czechs just can't finish good opportunities. Or at least, not enough of them can.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I loved Kojak, Alice, Magnum PI, Simon and Simon & so many more 70’s and 80’s TV shows in my youth.

So great to see another member of the same demographic who appreciates them. But I probably shouldn’t be surprised that you’re one of them @Chainshot.

HF Jets has many of our vintage if you want to join on the Sabre off nights. A very welcoming Board.

Vintage makes us sound sophisticated instead of just old. :D

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
The Germans should be thankful for the end of this PP as they gave the Czechs 3 good opportunities. Bugl bails them out there.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
HUGE save on Kolacek with 1 second left

I"m not sure if it's that Czechs can't capitlize or Bugl has been outstanding. Probably a combo of both.

Longer this goes without a Czech goal, better chance German's have!

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
So when will we start playing? The PP was poor and we're not creating much.
I thought we were great at creating chances... 2 on 1's, breakaway, one timer chances

Really good at that

Now putting them in the net? Not so much.
Forgive me though.. Jiricek injury has pissed me off.lol

Reactions: Swipes

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
It has been a tough game so far, exactly as expected. The team Germany has shown vs. Finland already that they certainly are no underdog. They are playing well organized, every player knows where his place is, especially in their own zone. Solid goaltending by Bugl so far. The Czechs are looking like a bit better skaters and they are certainly better in stickhandling, but the Germans are able to compensate this with their discipline and the focus they are paying on details in the game.

Reactions: Swipes and Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad