GDT: WJC: Finland Vs Czechia | 29th December @ 12:00PM MT

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
The province sets maximum standards.

IIHF can't "exceed" anything, even if they want to.

I am saying "Minimum Standards" in terms of safety and/or efficacy. Standards are exceeded by being more safe or efficacious, in this case less people.

You are confusing what I am saying with "Maximum Capacity".

Read better.

Why would anyone create a "maximum standard"? Standards should be met or exceeded. In fact industry "Best Practices" often exceed legislated minimum standards.

Last edited:

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I'm wondering what would happen if two teams that should face each other both have to go into quarantine. There are no ties, so how would they determine the forfeit score?
That's what @Swipes asked earlier. Still a good question.

Both forfeit same time, both lose and win, both get full points for the latter, would be funny.

Reactions: Swipes

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Discuss the WJC, not Covid vaccines and other things not related to the WJC.
Problem is, the benefit or importance of vaccines isn't clear-cut, with new variants. So I'd prefer to let the discussion just go on.

I'm getting my third soon but that's just me where I am.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I am saying "Minimum Standards" in terms of safety and/or efficacy. Standards are exceeded by being more safe or efficacious, in this case less people.

You are confusing what I am saying with "Maximum Capacity".

Read better.

Why would anyone create a "maximum standard"? Standards should be met or exceeded. In fact industry "Best Practices" often exceed legislated minimum standards.
This great exchange has a parallel in the legendary "lowest common divider".

Obviously a nonsensical concept.

You'd be looking for the "highest *common* divider" because the "lowest" is always zero.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
According to the Czech team, the player tested positive has absolutely no symptoms, in other words, he's a healthy guy. And this is how it is going to be with 99% of athletes tested positive. They are young, fit, vaccinated, getting infected by a mild variant of the virus. Just sayin',
Hey give the linky.

On the rest, I'm not sure if the concern is about the young athletes themselves, but the people around them and the whole shebang.

(I'm not really blaming IIFH for not foreseeing Omicron's various qualities. IIFH for all its faults is not a Sith Lord, for chrissake.)

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
The IIHF seems to have confused the U-20s for the Over-70s.

No bubble like in 2021, and now ruining the event's credibility because a few healthy vaccinated athletes basically have a cold.

Easily the most laughably incompetent organization in all of sports.
Are you saying IIHF has now surpassed IOC and is approaching NHL? Nooo...

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Why, I'm not being contrarian, I'm just trying to maintain Worst Fanbase if the rest of the tourney gets shut down. Perfectly reasonable goal.

We know we don't have the depth Canada has so we have to make do with what we've got.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
My crystal ball says, "this thread is soon done..."

so be quick to chime in if there wasn't anything we've seen yet!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Why, I'm not being contrarian, I'm just trying to maintain Worst Fanbase if the rest of the tourney gets shut down. Perfectly reasonable goal.

We know we don't have the depth Canada has so we have to make do with what we've got.
You've got this. Maybe a few 'this is our game' posts for good measure. Especially in the team Canada thread. Point out you were undefeated and should get gold. Lots of material! You may have the best goal differential too!

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
You've got this. Maybe a few 'this is our game' posts for good measure. Especially in the team Canada thread. Point out you were undefeated and should get gold. Lots of material! You may have the best goal differential too!
I know, I know. But Czechia was one the games I was looking forward to. Maybe just for old times' sake when it was always a close call, and indeed decided on effort.

I'm not witty/savvy enough to outdo the "Canada's Game" guy in any graphic fashion.

This tourney is turning from uplifting to saddening.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I know, I know. But Czechia was one the games I was looking forward to. Maybe just for old times' sake when it was always a close call, and indeed decided on effort.

I'm not witty/savvy enough to outdo the "Canada's Game" guy in any graphic fashion.

This tourney is turning from uplifting to saddening.
2 games 2 losses and jiricek out... Real big success for us.lol.

I was very excited about today's game. 2 in the afternoon here while I'm off work. It was perfect.

Reactions: Stubu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad