GDT: WJC: Finland Vs Czechia | 29th December @ 12:00PM MT

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
FIN-V-CZE.jpg

*NZDT- this is what the future looks like.

full

Finland
Confirmed Tournament Roster

FIN.jpg

full

Czech Republic
Confirmed Tournament Roster

CZE.jpg

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Congrats to the Finn's on a well played game. You definitely were the better team and .. oh wait, few more hours till I can congratulate the Finn's for beating us 4-1.
I think you are underselling your own chances. Play with the same intensity and fast counterattacks as against Canada and you definately have a chance. Finland are favorites but this absolutely isn’t a set in stone loss at all. It’s a 60/40 game in favor of Finland.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Congrats to the Finn's on a well played game. You definitely were the better team and .. oh wait, few more hours till I can congratulate the Finn's for beating us 4-1.
The Czechs are always a complicated opponent for Finland. I'm not so sure about that. I guess it's going to be close.
upload_2021-12-29_14-49-14.png

RBbandit

Jan 4, 2020
I think you are underselling your own chances. Play with the same intensity and fast counterattacks as against Canada and you definately have a chance. Finland are favorites but this absolutely isn’t a set in stone loss at all. It’s a 60/40 game in favor of Finland.

You're 100% correct, but there is long-lasting despair among the fans which unfortunately is quite justified. Every country has its ups and downs but while many others bounced back there is almost zero chance that it will happen under the current leadership of the Czech hockey federation. The WJC just highlights the real situation in CZ hockey.

Reactions: hn777 and Czechboy

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Yeah we don't have as strong of a lineup as recent years so i'm expecting this to be a good tight game.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
good game to start the day finland will probs win but would love to see a czech upset.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I think if we lose this game then that will be the first time I remember losing 3 in a row at the WJC. Maybe it has happened already, someone correct me if it has.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You're 100% correct, but there is long-lasting despair among the fans which unfortunately is quite justified. Every country has its ups and downs but while many others bounced back there is almost zero chance that it will happen under the current leadership of the Czech hockey federation. The WJC just highlights the real situation in CZ hockey.
I can emphasize with that feeling after watching Arsenal in the last few seasons.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Yeah we don't have as strong of a lineup as recent years so i'm expecting this to be a good tight game.
The Finnish roster has less experienced high end talent than in some previous years for sure. There are no first round picks on the roster. The team is very deep though, both on offense and defense, and I think it is better than the 2020 team for example. About on par with last year. I think the Czechs are being underrated, but I absolutely do not think Finland are being overhyped. They still have genuine gold chances even though they obviously aren't favorites for gold.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
yeah finland got a great shot at gold, but thats mostly because its a down year for the us and russia, and sweden are horribly mismanaged.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
The Finnish roster has less experienced high end talent than in some previous years for sure. There are no first round picks on the roster. The team is very deep though, both on offense and defense, and I think it is better than the 2020 team for example. About on par with last year. I think the Czechs are being underrated, but I absolutely do not think Finland are being overhyped. They still have genuine gold chances even though they obviously aren't favorites for gold.
Finland does have a few upcoming first rounders, Kemell and Lambert, other than that yes you are right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Czechboy

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Gonna he’s good one. 4-3 Fins

Lambert
Hirvonen
Simontaival
Niemela

Gut
Kolasek
Mysak

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Like the Slovaks, the Czechs deserved better than to be 0-2 based on their play. They got an early jump on Canada before shooting themselves in the foot with bad penalties and they got beaten in the second game by a hit German goalie. They are due for a good result.

Reactions: czechcanadian

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Finland has some decent 2nd and 3rd round picks like Hirvonen, Helenius, Simontaival, Järventie and Niemelä and perhaps Viro. Lacking that game-breaking abilities but the depth is okay. Also Lambert and Kemell are upcoming top 15 picks. Hopefully both of them will participate next year.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Last game was a tough one to lose for Czechs, 5 D, Svozil playing 29 minutes. You could tell he was tired by the end. Made him less effective obviously.
Krutil and Hradek back will make a huge difference. Expect Czechs to be really dangerous today. They showed a lot of promise against Canada. Without those dumb penalties they had a chance to win maybe.

Reactions: Czechboy

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
If our top 6 guys can get their aim and passing better,
i think this could be a blowout win for us Finns.

8-0 W for Finland.

Helenius 2
Koivunen 2
Lambert
Kemell
Järventie
Hirvonen

That said....if our top 6 guys still keeps shooting blanks,
it could be a pain in the ass W, maybe 3 or 4 - 0 W,
2 or 3 goals in the 3rd.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa

8-0 W for Finland.

Helenius 2
Koivunen 2
Lambert
Kemell
Järventie
Hirvonen

2 or 3 goals in the 3rd.
Quite bold. We shall see

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013

8-0 W for Finland.

Helenius 2
Koivunen 2
Lambert
Kemell
Järventie
Hirvonen

2 or 3 goals in the 3rd.
Oh look, our very own turbo-homer!
I think the Czech will win this one, 3-1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad