GDT: WJC Finland - Canada, Dec 26, 2023

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Pretty disjointed period from Canada, but that goal to solve Kokko was huge.

Some really good control and play from the Poitras and Beck lines. Savoie looked extremely dangerous. Need one to go in for them.

Mateychuk needs to settle down a bit. Some poor touches and caught forcing the puck at times. Seen him on enough watches that his mobility and passing will be a weapon. Just needs a bit more calm to his game here.

Let's keep it going boys.

Worse player on ice for me was Warren. Seems so non challant and slow

Reactions: Mooche and MXD

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Time to put Nyman together with Helenius and Hämeenaho. Surprised that they didn't to that from the start.
You could be right. I rather see both Nyman and Hemming before those other wingers like Halttunen. He's nothing but an option for the PP. Let one or two lines be good and create and the others defend for their lives lol.
Nymans strengths needs to be used god damn.

Reactions: king89 and jj cale

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Bot yes and no. You could be right but the Slovaks would've had quite the freaking team with all players available. Four good lines with two or three good or great D's and a good goalie. They could've won as well, perhaps not the biggest favorites but still.

I think Canada is missing Bedard, Fantilli, Wright, Benson, and I think Korchinski (not 100% sure he is eligible).

It varies every year, like I said, but that is a lot of talent missing from Canada.

Just overall happy not all players that are eligible play. Certain years there are almost locks to win.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Damn from the highlights looks like Slovakia pumped Czechia.

What happened? @Czechboy that’s a beat down.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Why did you have 4-1 and passed the puck to the slowest and player who was out of scoring chance?

Poor decision there

Reactions: Jussi

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Just because it needs to be said. I love the world juniors, it’s just the best.

Every year delivers on so much entertainment. The momentum swings and energy is just awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad