GDT: WJC Finland - Canada, Dec 26, 2023

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I mean Canada are big time favorites but I didn't know we would miss Kemell this much. He would be much more effective and cool with the puck than anyone has been so far. That experience surely is missed.
I'm not satisfied with the D's and those who should be decent in their own zone. Looking really bad.

Could have been 3-1 Canada. Kokko saved Finlands sorry *ss in this first period.

Reactions: jj cale and king89

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
A bit sloppy. I thought both goalies were excellent.

Canada needs to get more physicality going on the forecheck. The Finnish D don’t look overly mobile or quick. Get pucks in on them and aggressive on the forecheck.

Ahoy matey!!

Another year brother. Hope you and your family are doing well.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I mean Canada are big time favorites but I didn't know we would miss Kemell this much. He would be much more effective and cool with the puck than anyone has been so far. That experience surely is missed.
I'm not satisfied with the D's and those who should be decent in their own zone. Looking really bad.

Could have been 3-1 Canada. Kokko saved Finlands sorry *ss in this first period.

I really hate it when a key player for a team is missing. Especially someone who plays multi role, he can be so impactful. Just knowing you have a sniper
Big loss for Finland

• Love
Reactions: Svedu

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I really hate it when a key player for a team is missing. Especially someone who plays multi role, he can be so impactful. Just knowing you have a sniper
Big loss for Finland

I'm happy lots of players miss...

Makes the tournament more interesting... Canada is 100% taking gold this year if all players eligible play.

This will vary each year, but I think the tournament is much more predictable if all eligible players play.

Reactions: fahad203

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Good period for Canada to start off, looked a lot better than Finland in the first at least. Credit to Rousseau for a huge save on Finland's chance. A bit of sloppiness, Warren is going to be sloppy with the puck (not that he should have it much) but Bonk needs to settle down. I'd like to see Celebrini get a few more shifts at even strength. Poitras looked like the best player for Canada that period, with Savoie not far behind.

Reactions: karlstegger

king89

Dec 4, 2018

Time to put Nyman together with Helenius and Hämeenaho. Surprised that they didn't to that from the start.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

Makes the tournament more interesting... Canada is 100% taking gold this year if all players eligible play.

This will vary each year, but I think the tournament is much more predictable if all eligible players play.

Very good point. It also gives someone else an opportunity to wear the jersey
I just feel bad for teams that doesn't have depth losing their key players.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Is the mic for the studio panel not working at all? I hear the transitions but none of the analysis. Probably for the best!

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Good period for Canada to start off, looked a lot better than Finland in the first at least. Credit to Rousseau for a huge save on Finland's chance. A bit of sloppiness, Warren is going to be sloppy with the puck (not that he should have it much) but Bonk needs to settle down. I'd like to see Celebrini get a few more shifts at even strength. Poitras looked like the best player for Canada that period, with Savoie not far behind.

Some frustrating lack of finish from Savoie on a couple grade A chances, but he's definitely been very noticeable.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019

Bot yes and no. You could be right but the Slovaks would've had quite the freaking team with all players available. Four good lines with two or three good or great D's and a good goalie. They could've won as well, perhaps not the biggest favorites but still.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
IS that rink not the new international size of 26-28 meters wide?
Scandinavium measures 61 meters × 30 meters (200 ft × 98.5 ft) which is standard international size. New double frame half boards were installed in 2001, designed to switch to NHL rink dimensions or to be easily removed when other events than ice hockey take place.

It looks like they switched to North America ice standard 61 meters × 25.9 meters (200 ft x 85 ft).

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueston

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Pretty disjointed period from Canada, but that goal to solve Kokko was huge.

Some really good control and play from the Poitras and Beck lines. Savoie looked extremely dangerous. Need one to go in for them.

Mateychuk needs to settle down a bit. Some poor touches and caught forcing the puck at times. Seen him on enough watches that his mobility and passing will be a weapon. Just needs a bit more calm to his game here.

Let's keep it going boys.

Reactions: jj cale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad